July 18, 2019, 08:08:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detector Finds » Short session in fact Lightning quick

Author Topic: Short session in fact Lightning quick  (Read 1304 times)

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
Short session in fact Lightning quick
« on: March 18, 2015, 05:37:29 PM »
Meant to be having a session here locally with Grant but family matters cancelled play for him, so i changed venues and tackled a field further away that Bob and I are trying to sort out.
Cracking day sea fog first over mirror calm water  then sunshine good start I thought but the weather was to be the best part of the day.
Chose the Deus to cover ground quickly in multitone and multitones I heard for 3 hours, constant background iron buzz with very few more interesting  faint chirps. Even allowing for trying not to dig to much iron I ended up digging up loads of the stuff and of course our lovely coke.
One almost complete English Electric Lightning.

Anybody for Golf

Buckle

Halfpenny might be Vicky or could be earlier need to tidy it up

Silver Fob watch piece

All in all dammed hard going in iron infested site, all strong really good signals were can or silver paper, a few other coins and a nice domed button made up the rest of my meagre session, fantastic weather was a bonus.
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

swed49

• Dig Attendee
  • minelab e-trac
Re: Short session in fact Lightning quick
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 05:40:21 PM »
Well done robin.. Just being out in this weather is a bonus 8)

Chilgrove

• Dig Attendee
    • www.caltechlifts.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 05:48:32 PM »
What settings do you use Robin with the Deus?  I find coke often comes in at numbers 20 to 30 so can ignore although I know there is a slight chance of missing something good.  I often use GMP setting or Gary's cold or hot.  Too much choice!
Howard.

MarkA

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 05:49:16 PM »
great stuff and I like the golf iron

David

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »
soil looks nice, unlike my permission where i have to take a pick axe  just to get into the first 2". still cant complain. :D
GCC
Hammy x 4
Roman brooch
Roman bronze
Roman silver hoard

To dig or not to dig.

What a silly question. :) :) :)

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
good finds, well found.
45%, Cheated not defeated.

P0k3Rman

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
....at least you had some targets and it was a cracking day!!!

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »
Cheers guys, Deus running in Hot and Hot5, the problem with coke is it varies in size and depth, deep stuff gives no meter and tones can sound good, larger or shallower tend to give a good signal but too good and you say to yourself thats coke but you still dig it, I have heard good audio and seen reading on coke high in the 70s.

The end result is I tend to dig coke rather than risk a miss of a decent target. Of course I could use the CTX but for todays use the Deus was best.

Tomorrow session is with Erica (EJ) on one of our farm permissions, new fields so it will be a CTX and AT Pro int session
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
Glad to see you out clearing all the junk out for my next visit Robin  ;)   You certainly had a great day for it. Good luck to you and Erica for tomorrow, looking forward to seeing you guys finds posted up ( try not to let Erica show you up in the finds dept as usual  :laugh:)

Nice pics by the way.  :)
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
Plenty of photos of not much lol.

I have left plenty of junk there Bob, there is a possibly of decent stuff but its deep and faint smothered in iron. We will give it another go next week if you want then decide if its worth moving on for a break.

I have no doubt that Erica will be the one to watch, these are new fields and its a lottery if they run good or not.
Keep you posted m8

Silverback

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
Great day to be out Robin, well done on your finds mate!  ;) ;D
CTX 3030
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro-Pointer