August 22, 2019, 07:14:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detector Finds » One for TT?

Author Topic: One for TT?  (Read 1169 times)

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
One for TT?
« on: March 19, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »
Both us out for a very short sample session on some rough fields before trying out the more manicured ones in the future.

EJ's first signal was this object, could well be a spear head not made of iron but probably copper alloy or bronze.

Its not flat but gradually from the tip becomes convex towards the thick end. It was found not far from a settlement area.

Just in case its one for the TT

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:05:59 PM by Acoustic »
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

MagicMark

• Dig Attendee
Re: One for TT?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »
Well done on getting out and enjoying this nice weather we are getting. Sadly I don't think its a spear head, as ther seems to be the letter R stamped in the centre. If you zoom in on the bottom picture you can see what I think is the R
TEAM MINELAB

CTX3030
Garrett Propointer

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »
Just taking a microscope shot after slightly cleaning the area with my nail, not an R but just corosion and dirt sitting in that shape, will post the next shot up shortly Mark.
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

MarkA

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 01:30:01 PM »
great find

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 01:33:42 PM »
Here is a close up of the area in question after very gentle cleaning of only that area, the item is as found.  Our thoughts are possibly not what it looks or feels  like just playing safe.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:09:12 PM by Acoustic »

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »
Interesting find, and it would certainly fit form for Erica to nab the good stuff  ;) . I look forward to hearing the TT verdict
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain