March 19, 2019, 09:38:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » AT Pro experiences

Author Topic: AT Pro experiences  (Read 2540 times)

Boza

• Dig Attendee
AT Pro experiences
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:21:38 PM »
I've just bought an AT Pro and watched all the Garrett vids but how does it measure up detecting in our corner of the world as I've not found many deserts or abandoned baseball parks to replicate the Americana demonstrations.

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
Re: AT Pro experiences
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
I don't think you will be disappointed with the AT pro , I had one for a short time and at times I wish I still had it.
45%, Cheated not defeated.

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
The AT Pro is a great detector once you have learnt to use it well, you will not be disapointed with it at all,....I still have mine, and I will always keep it

DartmoorRanger

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • TEAM MINELAB, TEAM XP
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:50:38 PM »
I don't own one myself Boza but the guys I know who have them can't speak highly enough of them. I'm sure Stuart (wayoutwest) and Daz (daz1210) will be replying shortly about it's qualities. :)
Minelab Etrac, RNB Innovations ML3100, SEF 15x12 Coil, GOG Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, JR Stainless 'V' Blade, JR Stainless Ultimate Digger.
XP Deus

P0k3Rman

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
....I think the AT Pro's were pulling up some goodies on Sunday at Glen's dig. There are a few reasonably experienced users on the forum that can help you out no doubt. The best advice I could give is to go out and use it as much as possible and dig lots till you start to recognise te sounds and what the machine is telling you!!

Danny465

• Dig Attendee
  • AT Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
At pro is a great machine found a hammy first time out with mine, only real way to learn it is to get out on some digs & put the hours in but if your ever along at any DS digs there's a few guys using the at pro & I'm sure would be more willing to help or answer any questions you have.
If in doubt dig it out
2015  10.5 x  Hammys
          30 x Milled Silvers

2016 5 x  Hammys  1 x  Gold hammy
          16 x Milled Silver

Boza

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »
there's a few guys using the at pro & I'm sure would be more willing to help or answer any questions you have.

I'll be at the Minelabbing dig so will surely have plenty of questions by then

The best advice I could give is to go out and use it as much as possible and dig lots till you start to recognise te sounds and what the machine is telling you!!

Will be  using it in standard mode until happy with all the functions then going pro to hear more of the chatter

Thanks guys for all the advice

fraxis1985

• Dig Attendee
  • TEAM AT PRO
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »
You should get on with it fine but as pokerman has said get out with it as much as you can and learn the machine, remember a new machine wont make you walk over the goodies so patience is the key  :)
You have to be over it to find it

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
Personaly I would put the machine into `Pro` mode right away,.. I personaly found it much easier,.. there is nothing worse than to learn one way, then have to learn again

so, I suggest PRO Custom mode,.... discriminate set to 35 or 40,... and when I use mine I like to run with the iron audio on all the time

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »
I've had mine since the end of last year and at it took some time to get used to the signals. In Pro Mode it is very sensitive and can sound a bit chattery at times but once you learn the different tones it produces, it's a great machine. Stick with it and I am sure it will produce some excellent finds for you.
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer

Marcos1

• Dig Attendee
  • Team At Pro
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
Good bit of kit the At Pro, Received mine at Xmas and it took about 2 or 3 Digs to get to know it, But once you get to know it, Its ace  :) Loads of Guys on here have the AT Pro or the At Gold so you will not go short for hints and tips  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:53:02 PM by Marcos1 »
Marcos1 I'e  Mark Urquhart

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
CP3 TT Headphones

2014 Hammys x 1
2015 Hammys x 7 ,Silver Ring x 1
2016 Hammys x 3
2017 Hammys 5
2018 Hammys 18

Boza

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 02:28:59 PM »
Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated.  I missed the postie this morning, so have to wait another day to get started but will be out in the fields soon.

Anyone had use of a Nel tornado 12x13" on the Ace 250.

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 08:15:55 PM »
EJ uses her AT Pro int in Pro zero, ground balance and keep sensitivity as high as you can deal with, dig high chimes and undecided ones and leave low chimes bar if in interesting iron age situation.
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience