April 04, 2020, 02:33:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » All Others » Tesoro » I just bought a Tesoro Cibola to play with

Author Topic: I just bought a Tesoro Cibola to play with  (Read 1366 times)

Glenfiddich

I just bought a Tesoro Cibola to play with
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:41:07 AM »
Hi folks I've been dabbling with the idea of buying something a little bit different to play with other than always using my trusty XP Deus not that I'm planning a swop or anything but maybe something with has no no visual screen but with the ability to null out iron but still work well in areas which are either highly mineralised and contaminated soil or be able to work well in trashy sites and so after pondering over many different machines for the past 6 months I just happened to be looking through fleebay for something else when I spotted a Tesoro Cibola and both Laser and Tesoro were two of the makes which were high on my wish list and so with just a few hours to go I placed a bid and it went unchallenged and I won it for only £181.00 which I'm happy about because I Googled it and saw two other detectors for sale from metal detecting shops and one was selling for £410.00 while the other was selling for £445.00 and both seem to have been sold now so maybe I really did pick up a bargain  :)

It arrived after only two days by first class post and it appears to be in very good condition  :) however there were no instruction with it and nor did it come in the original box either so I phoned Nick from Detecnicks who said that I should simply choose any of the three frequencies and then simply do the following.....

* Threshold set at 3 oclock

* Iron Rejection set to Iron

* set as high as the machine will allow the ground to take

I was just wondering if anyone else would be able to make any suggestions regarding any settings that they have tried and tested successfully ??  ??? ???

I'm off out with it tomorrow as I'm away researching new land  :D

Glen   8)

Seagoon

• Dig Attendee
Re: I just bought a Tesoro Cibola to play with
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 11:10:12 AM »
I was considering a Cibola or a Tejón as my next machine as I prefer to focus on listening rather than read a display. I'd be interested to know how you get on. I guess you know about Gary's reviews, but here's a link anyways...  Cheers...

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/tesoro.htm

P0k3Rman

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
....cool, keep us updated Glen!

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:09:08 PM »
Search you tube Glen, I found this in on time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgTLxy9kiEg
45%, Cheated not defeated.