May 22, 2019, 06:43:45 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Family History » Requests for information » Digging tools

Author Topic: Digging tools  (Read 3386 times)

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
Re: Digging tools
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 08:35:17 PM »
Why don't the people who have a blade and never used it offer them for sale on here?

How do you know deals havent been done by PM ?   ;)
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

Boza

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 08:55:05 PM »
That would be great, DS users getting great deals and sharing equipment  :D but my point was that there is a For Sale section and I've not seen any of the unused digging tools on there. 

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »
To be honest I had forgotten that I had one, until Stuarts thread started.  I had a PM from a DS member asking me if, as I said that I didnt use it, would I sell it to him, deal done.
It reminded me that I had another digging implement which I dont use and that is now in the DS " for sale" section.
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

Boza

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
To be honest I had forgotten that I had one, until Stuarts thread started.  I had a PM from a DS member asking me if, as I said that I didnt use it, would I sell it to him, deal done.
It reminded me that I had another digging implement which I dont use and that is now in the DS " for sale" section.
Nice one, win win.  That trowel looks good the kind of thing I'm going for when the mini spade wears out.
I bet there's a whole heap of gear out there that could be re-sold amongst the forum....anyone found an Ace250 at the back of a cupboard????  ;D

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »
The " for sale" sections of the forum are actually pretty well used, plenty of stuff comes up for sale, but its just your luck if you see what youre looking for before somebody else does  ;)
Mark Twain

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:38 PM »
I had two, a cheap one and a not quite so cheap one, I bought both just to see the difference and the cheapest one was the best so I put the other one in to one of the DS raffles, I don't use the one I still have but wouldn't sell it but anyone who wants can have it for the day at a dig, its free for Sunday Stuart if you want it.
45%, Cheated not defeated.

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 09:53:58 PM »
I had two, a cheap one and a not quite so cheap one, I bought both just to see the difference and the cheapest one was the best so I put the other one in to one of the DS raffles, I don't use the one I still have but wouldn't sell it but anyone who wants can have it for the day at a dig, its free for Sunday Stuart if you want it.

Thanks for the offer Peter,... going by what others have said,..and me knowing the type of stoney ground I have to deal with around here, I have gone ahead and bought one

I will likely carry it on DS digs, but weither I use it often or not on a DS dig I dont know, but I think it will be of good use to me on my own patch at least,..

I will have to make a good holster for it now,...I have enough leather here to do the job once it arrives

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:49 PM »
No problem Stuart, not leather but I got a holster with my one and will never use it, you can have it for free if you like.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:05:16 PM by wayoutwest »
45%, Cheated not defeated.

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 10:05:59 PM »
No problem Stuart, not leather but I got a holster with my one and will never use it, you can have it for free if you like.

I will take you up on that offer Peter, I can use it as a template if thats ok.... thanks

Haggy

• Dig Attendee
  • Niall
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »
I bought a trowel from asda and it basically does the same job but for £3
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
2015 3 Silvers
2016 1 Silver watch case. 4 coins

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster