May 24, 2019, 02:23:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Articles Related to Metal Detecting » Metal Detecting Articles » This month's searcher magazine

Author Topic: This month's searcher magazine  (Read 1095 times)

Belso

• Dig Attendee
This month's searcher magazine
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:08:20 PM »
Great article in the searcher magazine this month by Sharon McKee and Derek McLennan (P0k3Rman) on here well done.
 8)
White's xlt
Garrett pro pointer

P0k3Rman

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
Re: This month's searcher magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
...thanks Belso. The Searcher article is about Beyond The Beep and was written by Sharon, I have but a bit part in it  ;) ;D

...the cover of The Searcher and the article title are pictured below!

John

• Dig Attendee
  • Scribbler
    • John's Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »
Great article ... but then I'm biased.
I do have an association with the magazine ... and I think Sharon's lovely!

Bounty Hunter

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • To find the past you have to loss the present.
    • Went and forgot ma probe.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »
Hello there Derek
I just glimpsed over that today and was laughing at it as my kids are due back soon, and was just wondering who IN ENGLAND wrote that just now as the school kids down there have just started there holidays, I was also trying to get a back issue of your Viking hoard in the Searcher from December 2014 and have just ordered it. Its amazing how much of a  small world it really is.
I'm looking forward to reading about "Beyond the Beep" in this months as well alongside my second Simon Scarrow book "Centurion" lol..on the subject of books did you get that link I sent you about Witchcraft Book in Dumfreishire? It would come in handy for you down there.
BW Ger.
When detecting always expect the unexpected, if in doubt, prepare to be disappointed, then dig it.If you don't know what a coin is chances are it's not that common and could be worth more than you think.Minelab X-Terra 70,Explorer XS.CSCOPE Newforce R1 ,X-Terra 30,Tesoro Hawkeye.Ace250,TrackerIV,GM4

P0k3Rman

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 11:12:22 PM »
...I did get the link Ger and may just get it, but my library is well out of space and I have to keep moving books from room to room and then up into storage in the loft - aaarrrgggghhh!!! The Viking hoard was in two issues, I'll email you the article in British Archaeology magazine  ;)

...the Simon Scarrow books are excellent mate, and you'll love the adventures of Cato and Marco!!!