July 19, 2019, 11:50:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Archaeology run Events & Digs » Archaeology run Digs Sign up & info (Moderators: Lucky LIFE MEMBER, TashaTTU) » Killiecrankie Volunteers Information

Author Topic: Killiecrankie Volunteers Information  (Read 5767 times)

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
Killiecrankie Volunteers Information
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »
We meet up at the Killiecrankie VISITORS CENTRE for 0830am . We then CAR SHARE to the access road. This road leads below the A9 and there are a number of laybys along it to the South and North of the A9. Maureen Kilpatrick will meet us just South of the A9 underpass and will provide land passes,safety induction,vis-vests and explain the method of survey.

The surveys will take place from 9-4 each day although Maureen and team will be on site from 8AM on the Thursday should any of us arrive earlier.

So "DS TEAM" please arrive at the KILLIECRANKIE VISITOR CENTRE for 0830am. My mobile number is 07981 410241   We will then CAR SHARE and meet up with Maureen at the under pass. 

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
Re: Killiecrankie Volunteers Information
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Warren's e-mail sent to those whose e-mail address I have (Two exceptions are  TECHDOC & Sireadh)

POSTCODE FOR KJILLIECRANKIE VISITOR CENTRE is   PH16 5LG
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:28:31 AM by Lucky LIFE MEMBER »

Tommy

• Dig Attendee
  • if in doubt dig it out
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »
Warren's e-mail sent to those whose e-mail address I have (Two exceptions are  TECHDOC & Sireadh)

No email in either inbox or spam. tkbaxter@gmail.com if you'd like to try again mate.
XP Deus
Garrett carrot pointer

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »

No email in either inbox or spam. tkbaxter@gmail.com if you'd like to try again mate.

Sent the e-mail from Warren individually to each volunteer except  TECHDOC & Sireadh

Marcos1

• Dig Attendee
  • Team At Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »
Marcos1 I'e  Mark Urquhart

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
CP3 TT Headphones

2014 Hammys x 1
2015 Hammys x 7 ,Silver Ring x 1
2016 Hammys x 3
2017 Hammys 5
2018 Hammys 18

Metalist

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »
Hi no e mail either regards

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
Sent A pm Metalist see you at 0830am tomorrow morning.

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
Just to give our volunteers an idea of where the troops were located near the River Garry during the Battle of Killiecrankie. We should be able to recover battlefield associated material.

Metalist

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »
Perfect, look forward to it

Amadeus

• Dig Attendee
  • Am Rockin
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »
Since being informed that I would receive a risk assessment in due course from Mr Warren, I have checked my inbox and put myself on hold for the few days. No information either to use myself or not has been forthcoming, other than to read on this site that no emails have been sent to myself and one other.
Although not a problem,it would have been handy to know in advance that I could make other plans.
XP Deus
CTX 3030
AT Pro
Sea Hunter Mk 11
https://youtu.be/XlAUj91QNmo

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:11 PM »
Sireadh

I have sent e-mails out to everyone except yourself and the lad TECHDOC . I thought Warren would be doing it direct but he hasn't. Most of those e-mails never reached the volunteer they were sent to for whatever reason I don't know. However I have posted all you require to know on this topic. Both you and TECHDOC are down so all you need to do is turn up at the Killiecrankie Visitors Centre for 0830am tomorrow morning--POSTCODE  PH19 5LG-- Look forward to seeing you and the rest of the volunteers there.

Amadeus

• Dig Attendee
  • Am Rockin
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
When I put my name forward for this, I intimated that I could not do the 12th but could manage the 13th 14th and 15th.  To have little to no further communication on the matter does not help me plan other ways to spend my time. I feel the question of why others were sent emails, either of instruction or confirmation and not Techdoc nor myself must be asked.
I am not blaming anyone for what seems to me to be a breakdown somewhere in communication, but the information I require to know, is simply this, have I been accepted, where do I go and at what time am I expected. To just turn up without proper invitation would be presumptuous on my part.
As stated, I am not available on the 12th but ok for other three days if this ok.
Regards
Gerry
XP Deus
CTX 3030
AT Pro
Sea Hunter Mk 11
https://youtu.be/XlAUj91QNmo

garethj

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 12:46:14 AM »
When I put my name forward for this, I intimated that I could not do the 12th but could manage the 13th 14th and 15th.  To have little to no further communication on the matter does not help me plan other ways to spend my time. I feel the question of why others were sent emails, either of instruction or confirmation and not Techdoc nor myself must be asked.
I am not blaming anyone for what seems to me to be a breakdown somewhere in communication, but the information I require to know, is simply this, have I been accepted, where do I go and at what time am I expected. To just turn up without proper invitation would be presumptuous on my part.
As stated, I am not available on the 12th but ok for other three days if this ok.
Regards
Gerry

Hi Gerry I have cut and pasted a previous post from Jim regarding dates that DS were only needed on....

Gareth

I'm afraid so, only  Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th are on and will go ahead. With the Friday,Saturday,Sunday  14th,15th,16th August ruled out by Warren. It all depended on being granted access by the contractor carrying out the roadworks. I'm certain the DS Admin Team will have a rally on Sunday 16th August lined up which may be of some comfort to you

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »
Just like to thank every volunteer for their efforts today in recovering what we did. I was knackered and have had a few hours kip through sheer exhaustion. Look forward to meeting up with you all tomorrow again at the under pass. Just drive directly to the under pass parking area right next to tomorrows survey area. Remember and give Maureen your name and address so she can forward your expenses. It's great working with a content and happy bunch of lads.

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 09:47:59 PM »
Thanks Jim, looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for more and better finds.
45%, Cheated not defeated.