March 23, 2019, 01:27:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Anyone near Erskine?

Author Topic: Anyone near Erskine?  (Read 2154 times)

russbro

Anyone near Erskine?
« on: March 17, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
Hi... I'm very new to detecting, looking for club or buddy

crepitis

Re: Anyone near Erskine?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
Hi russbro, I live in Dumbarton which is only about 6 miles from Erskine, to be honest with you there are probably much better sites for detecting on your side of the river than over here. I just wish I could have got onto the site of the new golf course at Erskine hospital during the construction of the course, but there was no way they would let anyone detect on site . :(

There are lots of likely looking farms around Erskine with some nice looking ground alongside the M8 between the river Cart and the airport.

Drop me a line if you feel like going along to look for permission on any of these farms, Im a bit of a wimp when it comes to asking permission on my own, but if we went along "team handed" as it were it might make it a bit easier. :)

crepitis

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
Forgot to ask what detector you use Russbro, not that it makes any difference, just curious thats all. :)

I use a Minelab explorer II, and I also own a Whites XLT, which is sadly not working at the moment ( no idea whats wrong with it as it just wont switch on, and yes, I have checked the batteries  ;D) so I will have to send it off to Whites in Inverness for repair.
I would be very reluctant to part with the XLT as it was my first detctor after getting back into the hobby a few years ago , after a break of almost twenty years from my 1980's detecting with a C-Scope detector. :)

russbro

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Hi,

My wife works beside a woman whose husband owns a farm near Erskine. she's going to speak to her next week and see about getting on his land.

I'll give you a shout when I get any news. I bought a Fisher. Still playing with it. Don't think I've quite got it all clear in my head yet.Down to Erskine beach tomorrow !

crepitis

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
good luck on the beach, just watch out for the tide  ;)

chunky5211

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »
Hi russbro welcome to the forum m8  :) :) :)

Jif

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
Hi russbro, welcome onboard ;D ;D

grumpyjohn

• Deputy Admin
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
Hi Russbro a belated welcome to the forum ;D ;D
Better to live a rich life and die poor ,than live a poor life and die rich
English by birth, Scots by choice !