March 21, 2019, 08:29:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » AT PRO Settings

Author Topic: AT PRO Settings  (Read 2028 times)

David

• Dig Attendee
AT PRO Settings
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
hi guy, just wondering what setting you would recommend for the AT pro. i have been borrowing Indiana's one (thanks)  ;) and have been using iron disc. 37-40  sensitivity 6-8, pro zero, and when i ground balance it, it normally comes in at around 80-95ish is this the right settings. also i just learnt that you can change frequency, does it make any difference??????
 ;) ;) ;) ;)

thanks David.
GCC
Hammy x 4
Roman brooch
Roman bronze
Roman silver hoard

To dig or not to dig.

What a silly question. :) :) :)

Indiana

• Dig Attendee
Re: AT PRO Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:45:17 PM »
Hi David, use it on PRO , ZERO MODE, this will show as 00 on the discrimination lined boxes. Switch the IRON AUDIO OFF and away you go once you have ground balanced it. If you get a low tone switch the IRON AUDIO ON to check if it is Iron if it grunts its iron move on. If it does not grunt dig it as some hammies give a low signal tone and low number read out. No matter what signal tone I get I always quickly check it out with the IRON AUDIO ON. I am sure if I have missed anything someone will keep us both right. I forgot use it on full sensitivity . Happy hunting.

Indiana ;).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:47:21 PM by Indiana »

David

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
Hi David, use it on PRO , ZERO MODE, this will show as 00 on the discrimination lined boxes. Switch the IRON AUDIO OFF and away you go once you have ground balanced it. If you get a low tone switch the IRON AUDIO ON to check if it is Iron if it grunts its iron move on. If it does not grunt dig it as some hammies give a low signal tone and low number read out. No matter what signal tone I get I always quickly check it out with the IRON AUDIO ON. I am sure if I have missed anything someone will keep us both right. I forgot use it on full sensitivity . Happy hunting.

Indiana ;).

thanks, i will hopefully get out this weekend, thanks again
david  ;) ;)
GCC
Hammy x 4
Roman brooch
Roman bronze
Roman silver hoard

To dig or not to dig.

What a silly question. :) :) :)

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »
Now I use different settings,.. and I think Lee does too [ I am sure he will tell you ],... but I use it in `Pro custom mode`... for discrimination I work between 35- 40,..... for sensitivity I knock off the right two segments ,... I work with the Iron audio on all the time, this saves a lot of time
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:01:39 AM by wayoutwest »

Indiana

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »
Now I use different settings,.. and I think Lee does too [ I am sure he will tell you ],... but I use it in `Pro custom mode`... for discrimination I work between 35- 40,..... for sensitivity I knock off the right two segments ,... I work with the Iron audio on all the time, this safe a lot of time
Lee helped me when I first got the PRO with the above settings and I was gaining confidence when Mark and Danny told me about their settings on my post above. I flipped back and forward between them before settling on Marks and Danny's settings mainly because I couldn't stand the Iron audio tone. I am still not sure which one is better, but it's better on my ears.

Indiana ;).

Tommy

• Dig Attendee
  • if in doubt dig it out
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:13:39 PM »
Pro zero for me unless it's really chattery then I go to pro custom 35 iron audio on. Dig every clean signal over 40 but you do get some scratch signals that turn up coins you'll get the hang of it.
XP Deus
Garrett carrot pointer

Amadeus

• Dig Attendee
  • Am Rockin
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 02:24:08 AM »
The frequency change is slight so will make no difference to the machine. It is used to alleviate the chatter of EMI by being too close to pylons or other machines.
XP Deus
CTX 3030
AT Pro
Sea Hunter Mk 11
https://youtu.be/XlAUj91QNmo

Marc27519

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 07:54:31 AM »
Now I use different settings,.. and I think Lee does too [ I am sure he will tell you ],... but I use it in `Pro custom mode`... for discrimination I work between 35- 40,..... for sensitivity I knock off the right two segments ,... I work with the Iron audio on all the time, this safe a lot of time

same :)

Boza

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »
Pro Zero, Iron Disc 36, 2 notches down on sensitivity and Iron audio on all the time.  If I get a sweet steady signal with a small bit of iron audio 'grunt, and it appears a small object I'll dig it anyway.  I ran the machine without iron audio on mistakenly for about an hour at DS rally and dug more iron in that hour than I had altogether since getting the AT.
I've only changed frequency once due to interference from other close by machines, it doesn't make a difference to the detecting.