July 18, 2019, 08:57:55 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » All Others » Nexus Ultima 5f Hoard detector

Author Topic: Nexus Ultima 5f Hoard detector  (Read 1676 times)

Filternozzle

Nexus Ultima 5f Hoard detector
« on: October 29, 2015, 08:17:47 PM »
Recently acquired a Nexus Ultima 5f detector.  It has a Dual 20" coil (88x52cm) weighs 1.5kg - with two switches for selection of one of 5 frequencies, 1.5, 2.4, 3.3, 4.2 & 5.2 kHz.

I have a site that hasn't been ploughed in the last 400 years.  The surrounding fields have all produced interesting finds but this site hasn't produced anything of age.  Maybe there's nothing there but on the other hand it just might be a case of items too deep.   One way or the other I'm sure this  Nexus will provide the answer.

The picture shows a dual 9" coil as well as the dual 20".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:23:28 PM by Filternozzle »

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
Re: Nexus Ultima 5f Hoard detector
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:22:22 PM »
Thats an impressive looking machine  8)
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:20 PM »
The trouble with pasture that's been the same for a long time,... let alone hundreds of years, is that sheep and cattle have been trampling it down, there has been many very wet years,... the more wet years, the more the artifacts are pushed deeper.

I am sure that the field has finds awaiting,... whether a detector can reach them is another story,.... It would be really good for you to have it ploughed

swed49

• Dig Attendee
  • minelab e-trac
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »
Good luck Richard 8)

P0k3Rman

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »
...I wish you the best of luck Richard and hope you find something wonderful. The first thing you should do though is to dig down to the sub-soil to get an idea of its depth and what the hard pack is like. Keep us posted with how you get on and what the machine is like please mate!!