August 19, 2019, 03:55:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » Garrett AT PRO Target ID Numbers

Author Topic: Garrett AT PRO Target ID Numbers  (Read 2000 times)

Indiana

• Dig Attendee
Garrett AT PRO Target ID Numbers
« on: November 23, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »

With quite a few AT PRO users on the forum I thought it would be interesting collating a list of target ID numbers over the coming months. There are a few kicking about but they are from the USA. I do realise that most of us dig to the tone and there are other factors that come into play: size of target, angle of target, depth, weather and ground conditions the list goes on. If you list the finds I will collate them into a list. Thinking of a list based on (just examples) choke, musket balls, copper, hammies, milled silver through to silver viccys, scrap silver, gold coins and gold jewellery.  Whatever you want on it but we will try to keep it as simple as possible. It’s beginning to sound complicate already. I would not want you to think that you have to take notes of every single target, just add one or two from a dig once in a while.  Your thoughts and comments would be welcome.
One from the USA looks like this:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=699

Indiana ;).

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
Re: Garrett AT PRO Target ID Numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »
That's a great idea David and making up a chart of our own will be much more relevant than the American versions. Handy for beginners and folk maybe starting with or changing to the AT pro and also quite useful for those of us who have used it for a while but kinda lose the plot with tones from time to time  ;D
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer

chris3030

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »
I don't have a pro but Iwas wondering if the number's change much say on wet .depth ect I read somewhere (prob u tube) that air tests is different numbers to in the ground numbers.on my md the number's bounce around a lot with each repeat swing.is that normal?

Soldier John

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »
Great idea Indiana, Im just starting out with my AT Pro.

Ive been out four times with it recently and can confirm that Ive dug enough coke to become a drug dealer lol.

Coke comes in at 48/49 with an interference crackle/buzz which Im trying to work through. 
A pistol musket ball I found yesterday came in at 72 with a really good solid stable signal I was chuffed to bits with this.

Hope the helps with the list

Cheers

John
Soldier John
Motherwell
Garrett AT Pro
Mars Pin Pointer
Iron, Coke, Tin, Lead, Copper :)