May 24, 2019, 04:53:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Archaeology run Events & Digs » Talks Lectures and demonstrations (Moderators: Lucky LIFE MEMBER, TashaTTU) » Lochore Castle Updates

Author Topic: Lochore Castle Updates  (Read 655 times)

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
Lochore Castle Updates
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:14 AM »
                                                                              LOCHORE CASTLE FINDS & FACTS

A good few DS members have shown interest in the progress of the excavations and lectures associated with this very early medieval castle. Dr Oliver Ogrady archaeologist will be lecturing in Lochore & Crosshill Miners Welfare Institute on thursday 26th November starting at 730pm on this very matter. Helping Oliver with an update regarding the masonary consolidation work at the castle will be programme manager Mr Ed Heather-Hayes lecture. As usual free tea/coffee with other refreshments will be supplied. Look forward to meeting up with members like John McDonald again on the night.

Marcos1

• Dig Attendee
  • Team At Pro
Re: Lochore Castle Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
Thanks for the update Jim, I hope to attend if I can get time off work  :D I hope your doing ok
Marcos1 I'e  Mark Urquhart

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
CP3 TT Headphones

2014 Hammys x 1
2015 Hammys x 7 ,Silver Ring x 1
2016 Hammys x 3
2017 Hammys 5
2018 Hammys 18

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
Re: Lochore Castle Updates
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »
I will see you there Mark if you can manage along.Should be a good night. It's being held in the old dance hall section of the institute so you can park in the  institute outdoor bowling green car park if you know the area. :)