December 11, 2018, 07:22:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Military Badges and buttons for ID and show » My Navy buttons

Author Topic: My Navy buttons  (Read 2921 times)

Indiana

• Dig Attendee
Re: My Navy buttons
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 08:25:27 PM »
Hi Grant, love your collection of Navy buttons. My wife and I were lucky enough to be given some mementos of her grandfather’s life in the Merchant Navy where he ended up as chief engineer with the Anchor Line. During WWII he was on the North Atlantic route carrying munitions from America to the UK and from the UK to North Africa. He was lucky enough to survive a U-Boat attack when his ship was torpedoed. Anyway, included in his collection is a collection of buttons from the Anchor Line, the majority never used. No idea where the three buttons in the last pictures come from but were included in his positions. 

Indiana ;).

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »
Very nice and with a great wee history.

My grandfather was on RNPS ships based out of Lowestoft.

He was torpedoed off Scotland in 1941 and again off Gibraltar in 1944 resulting in being invalided from service with paralysis down one side for a while.

Rough times
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 01:08:54 PM »
Meant to say a BIG THANK YOU to Shug100 and GarethJ for very kindly giving me a couple more Navy buttons for my collection  :)
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

David

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
i have aa navy button i found today it is missing the shank but seems to be in good condition. you can have it if you want? i will send you a pic on facebook soon!

:o ;) ;)
GCC
Hammy x 4
Roman brooch
Roman bronze
Roman silver hoard

To dig or not to dig.

What a silly question. :) :) :)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »
i have aa navy button i found today it is missing the shank but seems to be in good condition. you can have it if you want? i will send you a pic on facebook soon!

:o ;) ;)

Thanks David :-)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
Will post an updated photo when I'm home as I've now got a few more :-)

Thank you so much for the ones given to me :)

DartmoorRanger

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • TEAM MINELAB, TEAM XP
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »
Grant, if you need any present day ones for your collection just send me a text. ;D
Minelab Etrac, RNB Innovations ML3100, SEF 15x12 Coil, GOG Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, JR Stainless 'V' Blade, JR Stainless Ultimate Digger.
XP Deus