February 17, 2019, 04:05:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » SEF or NEL Coil for Garrett Ace 250

Author Topic: SEF or NEL Coil for Garrett Ace 250  (Read 1158 times)

Haggy

• Dig Attendee
  • Niall
SEF or NEL Coil for Garrett Ace 250
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »
I know this could be a lost cause but was looking for opinions as to which is recommended. Cheers am specifically looking at the Nel Tornado and the 15 x 12 sef
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
2015 3 Silvers
2016 1 Silver watch case. 4 coins

harbinger

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
Re: SEF or NEL Coil for Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:15:32 AM »
Hi Haggy,I too was looking at the sef coils in the end i got the nel tornado.Just arrived this morning chose this over the sef purely because they seem a lot more common,You will read a lot about weight difference but in truth its still very light,however your swing will feel a little different to the standard coil.Only had about half an hour with it so far as its pouring down nonstop.Still found a george v halfpenny.When you first open the box my first thought was oh its not as big as i thought it would be..until you put it next to the standard coil and its a lot bigger(imagine 2 standard coils next to each other and then another horizontaly across the top and thats the approximate size).Comes with a cable tie which is handy for fastening bags over the control box.Read lots about pinpointing being in different positions with these coils but mine seems to be bang on centre just like the standard coil.Does it go deeper? who knows!One thing is for sure you will gain more confidence with one of these as you will know you are at least missing less ground with your swings.Is it better than the sef?doesnt really matter one way or the other,this is what i now have so its not relevant.One other thing the cable is quite long and you have to wrap it around the stem quite a few times!
Hope that helps a little.
gold coins       0
silver coins    5
hammies         0
roman coins  0
gold rings       2
silver rings    0
silver jewellery 1 earing
spendables  £30.80

Haggy

• Dig Attendee
  • Niall
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:11:39 AM »
Cheers mate my thought was the tornado so think that's how I'll go.
Planning to upgrade  to AT soon.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
2015 3 Silvers
2016 1 Silver watch case. 4 coins

Boza

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »
I'll be taking a NEL Tornado to the dig tomorrow if any Garrett owners want to give it a try. I had promised it to someone a few weeks back but I can't find the thread now so they'll get first dibs but let me know if you want to give it a try