August 25, 2019, 06:09:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Beach Detecting » Possible cheap alternative to sand scoops

Author Topic: Possible cheap alternative to sand scoops  (Read 1896 times)

harbinger

Possible cheap alternative to sand scoops
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:15:40 PM »
Hi Guys,So i was looking at sand scoops,and with plastic ones at about£15 and stainless starting around £40 i was looking for some cheap alternatives,while they may not be perfect they are certainly cheap at £2.45 plus a couple of quid for postage,they are stainless steel draining sweet/ice scoops and while not huge may be ok for people who just want to try beach detecting or can only get to a beach once a year,or are just tight like me.I guess you can drill more holes if you want,they are light and small,wrist to tip of index finger total length.Anyway ebay link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300931884767?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=600135118392&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just had another look on ebay if anybody does want a plastic scoop then type in Faulks Tubtrugs Scoopour and you will see exactly the same scoops as the ones being sold as sand scoops starting as low as £3.30 you need to drill your own holes in these though.....Just so we are clear I do not sell these and other scoops are availabe at other retailers.Just tring to help
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:45:28 PM by harbinger »

RobertF

• Dig Attendee
Re: Possible cheap alternative to sand scoops
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »
I picked this scoop up in Asda for £1 and drilled some holes in it, its 12 inch long I've not used it yet but it should be ok for dry sand  ;D
Remember!...The bad times make the good times...Great times!!

harbinger

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:02:13 PM »
yeah should be ok,found there are also larger stainless scoops under animal feed scoops again drilling involved

Greusaich

• Rising Member
  • Wadayetalkinabeet
Sassy! Let the coil.....meet the soil!!!.....”wadeyetalkinabeet”?

Molly1

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:49 AM »
Good post guys, thanks for the info  :laugh:
My lovely Minelab X-Terra 705 :-)
Garrett Ace 250
Makro Pointer

cocteau

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:47 PM »
Appreciate that this is an old thread,
I have just bought one of these which I think is great for the price. It seems to work very well on both dry and wet sand. The size of the slots might be a problem but a little bit of mesh would sort that out. It's also very strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RTT3944/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dirt digger

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 08:09:24 AM »
Some food for thought there, cheers