April 22, 2019, 07:31:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Family History » Requests for information » predator headphones

Author Topic: predator headphones  (Read 2115 times)

oorwullie61

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • SAOR ALBA
predator headphones
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
anyone got a set of predator h/phones what are they like   can they be used on xterras (minelab)

cheers
davie
everyman dies not everyman lives ----- till they buy a  t2 se

DartmoorRanger

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • TEAM MINELAB, TEAM XP
Re: predator headphones
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:02 PM »
Unfortunately I'm not able to help you with the predator headphones Davie, but I have a set of Gogs headphones for my Etrac which I think are excellent. There very comfortable and the sound quality is excellent. :)
Minelab Etrac, RNB Innovations ML3100, SEF 15x12 Coil, GOG Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, JR Stainless 'V' Blade, JR Stainless Ultimate Digger.
XP Deus

P0k3Rman

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 07:20:57 PM »
...I also don't know much about the Predator phones, but both Sharon and I use Gog phones as well, and rate them highly - used them on T2, CTX3030 and GPX5000!

oorwullie61

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • SAOR ALBA
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:21:07 PM »
...I also don't know much about the Predator phones, but both Sharon and I use Gog phones as well, and rate them highly - used them on T2, CTX3030 and GPX5000!
Thanks Derek I heard about the gogs too got a wireless set for Xmas but too tight and uncomfortable cheers Davies 

dingdong

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:26:26 PM »
Hi ya buddy,Preditor headphones are Brilliant,I've used mine on a SAFARI,a Sovereign GT,and a NOKTA FORS CoRe, and a Garrett ACE 250.
Superb, BRILLIANT tone difference I.d I'd have no hesitation on getting another pair if I had to.
Very tough throughout.
Only one thing,they can get a bit tight,I just leave them out to stretch a bit on the back of an armchair,or similar.
Hope this helps

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »
I used Predator phones in the past but didnt rate them with Minelab machines.  I used Gog phones with my CTX and they were very good,  the Grey Ghost NDT phones are also excellent, I used a set of them with my E Trac and they were superb.
I have big lugs and a big head to match and the Gray Ghosts were really comfortable on me  :D
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

s60tty

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »
I use my Koss UR30`s on my Xterra 705 very compatible  8)
The trust of the innocent is the liars most useful tool .

oorwullie61

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • SAOR ALBA
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 09:55:43 PM »
Thanks guys as usual good info g ghosts sound the bees knees as do the gogs just need them to be comfortable over hours of digging and adjustable over a cap or bunnet

feelau

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »
I've just got the Gray Ghost Deep Woods, after wrecking 2 other pairs of  headphones in a year lol, haven't tried them in the field yet (that's to come this weekend  :D ), tested them at home and the sound is so clear and they seem to be pretty robust and waterproof, the reviews for them are really good too. 
Plenty enthusiasm, plenty rubbish and lots of bits and pieces
Gold Roman Coin

Bounty Hunter

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • To find the past you have to loss the present.
    • Went and forgot ma probe.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 10:50:41 AM »
Hello there Davie
I use an x terra 70 and currently use Sonys DR S3  that are excellent. I also noticed that the x-terra range are compatible with most headphones including KOSS etc, Ive been through loads a different headphones with my X-terras, by the way they are amazing machines, Ive also used loads of different detectors due to the soil where I live and the xterra is by far the very best, it is even a lot better to use than my old explorer xs and finds loads more .Ive been using x- terra's it for about ten years now.I used the x-terra 30 for years then the 305 now I'm well happy with the 70 .Hope this helps mate.
BW Ger aka Bounty Hunter.
When detecting always expect the unexpected, if in doubt, prepare to be disappointed, then dig it.If you don't know what a coin is chances are it's not that common and could be worth more than you think.Minelab X-Terra 70,Explorer XS.CSCOPE Newforce R1 ,X-Terra 30,Tesoro Hawkeye.Ace250,TrackerIV,GM4

grumpyjohn

• Deputy Admin
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
Don't know about Predator headphones on an Xterra but have had the same set on my DFX for 15 years now and they are still going strong. They also work well on my V3i and are very comfortable to wear with a good tone. ;D
Better to live a rich life and die poor ,than live a poor life and die rich
English by birth, Scots by choice !

sureshotno1

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 05:37:08 PM »
Davie I use Gray ghosts for my CTX and I can highly recommend them but I've never used the predator mate
NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS

Dougie Digs

• http://www.beachdetecting.co.uk/
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 01:37:13 AM »
I use the predator headphones , the Koss headphones that came with my Ctx are shocking , very quiet ,  just my all weather opinion , good luck choosing
F/Book beach detecting group    https://www.facebook.com/groups/240516389460641/

You Tube channel    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAAdFZKRZhKTv4Rr1DV8qzw

Facebook    https://www.facebook.com/dougie.shaw.94

ctx3030

garrett euroace

minelab go-find 60

prestwick

retired n luvin it

swed49

• Dig Attendee
  • minelab e-trac
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 07:22:57 AM »