October 15, 2019, 05:17:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Beginners' Section » Advice for Beginners » Xp Deus or Minelab Safari

Author Topic: Xp Deus or Minelab Safari  (Read 5239 times)

Daveo

Re: Xp Deus or Minelab Safari
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »
Great advice from all as always on here. Thanks a lot guys.

Haggy

• Dig Attendee
  • Niall
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »
The one thing I would say about buying second hand is you may struggle to get a deus as from my flea-bay searches is they are rare
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
2015 3 Silvers
2016 1 Silver watch case. 4 coins

TheJim

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Team Minelab
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
Seen a few on Gumtree for sale
Alba Gu Bra'th

stewart

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 11:04:08 PM »
I was in baydon in Wiltshire a couple of weeks ago with 84 other detectorists.81 of these detectorists where using the deus,I  was the only ctx user there ,couldnt believe it.wasnt much found but just shows you the future. :)

sureshotno1

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 10:03:09 AM »
Thanks chris3030, will have a look to see what's availible secondhand. It's a hard choice to make as there are pros and cons for both. Do like the idea of such a lightweight machine as the Deus though.
Limited to budget at the moment to get the control unit just now whigsvolt. Is it still a god machine without it until I can afford one?

Yes of course you can use the a Deus light no problem and as I said you can allways buy a control box when your budget permits.
Another point is that the Deus loves coke and the Safari will not go near it with its multi frequency technology.
 You can use it with ease on the beach too unlike the Deus until that is when the new coil comes out for the Deus in 2016 .
The biggest  issues for me with Minelab is the weight of their detectors and the safari is not a light machine by any standards .
The second issue is Recover speed and a hugely delayed numeric reset after going over a target and its poor performance in dry and or plough soil and Minelabs do not do well compared to The Xp range of detectors on ploughed field s generaly speaking.
like you say there are arguments for and against.  The Safari is also a Mid range detector unlike the Deus which is a top end machine.
 8)
What problems have you had with the deus on the beach as I have used mine on the beach regularly without any problems
NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS