May 22, 2019, 06:52:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Beginners' Section » Advice for Beginners » First detector

Author Topic: First detector  (Read 2969 times)

Greusaich

• Rising Member
  • Wadayetalkinabeet
Re: First detector
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 12:48:20 AM »
I have a EuroAce, great but it's ID system is not the greatest, not sure if the 300i has number ID or has the 12 notches for the descrimination and ID function. The EuroAce is the latter.
I found the EuroAce great inland and dry sand but hopeless on damp and wet sand as you get lots of ghosting.
I found that on some of the farms I'm on with pylons and other cables around the machine suffered from interference making it difficult to detect.
I also found that on heavily mineralised soil you get ghosting or feedback, I turn the sensitivity right down to try and help with this issue.
The above may make it sound like a rubbish machine but it's not, it's a good bit of kit. It's been reliable, great with batteries, easy to use and set up. It's light. It picks out the tiniest metal finds. It goes deep.
It's a great machine but if you want to do beaches then skip the Garrett's and go for a Makro Racer.

I've finally managed to save and buy a Makro Racer from a fellow chap off here, (cheers matey!) And I'm very impressed with the machine.
You can buy pro packages or buy it on its own. There are very good offers on them so if you want me to send a link for new ones message me and I will send you the link.
Great machine, great depth, lots of good functions, brilliant ID.

Makro racer gets my vote for a do it all machine
Sassy! Let the coil.....meet the soil!!!.....ā€¯wadeyetalkinabeetā€¯?