December 11, 2018, 07:22:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detecting Stories » Question of the day.. ever encountered a dodgy situation while detecting?

Author Topic: Question of the day.. ever encountered a dodgy situation while detecting?  (Read 3359 times)

Andy

• Dig Attendee
Had a few cars slow down and some even stop I get para when out alone aswell because detectors ar not cheap I alwase let few people know where I'm going
Silver x 7

Caberfeidh

• Dig Attendee
I was way out at low tide, near Greenan Castle on the Ayrshire Coast. Some bugger up at the castle was shooting at me! I reckon it must have been a firearm .22 rather than an air rifle as I was a long way off and the slugs were smacking into the sand near me. Thank goodness the tide was out. This was years ago, before that kind of thing was considered serious. Nowadays the polis would happily turn up and shoot the bugger. Probably shoot me too, come to think of it. Or tazer me, mistaking my detector for a gun.

EleanorF

• Dig Attendee
I was way out at low tide, near Greenan Castle on the Ayrshire Coast. Some bugger up at the castle was shooting at me! I reckon it must have been a firearm .22 rather than an air rifle as I was a long way off and the slugs were smacking into the sand near me. Thank goodness the tide was out. This was years ago, before that kind of thing was considered serious. Nowadays the polis would happily turn up and shoot the bugger. Probably shoot me too, come to think of it. Or tazer me, mistaking my detector for a gun.

#DETECTORISTSLIVESMATTER  ;D ;D
Finds - few
Enthusiasm- plenty

harbinger

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
Nowt to worry about,bet they were crapping themselves more after being spotted.They wont be wearing armour so your spade will definatly hurt in a desperate moment.Theives are usually chancing cowards anyway.
gold coins       0
silver coins    5
hammies         0
roman coins  0
gold rings       2
silver rings    0
silver jewellery 1 earing
spendables  £30.80

Oldblue110

• Dig Attendee
  • If it beeps,dig it.
Was out lamping one night and just heading back to the car and saw 6 set of eyes running along the front of the wall in front of me. Which I was heading for to cross over into the next field where the car was, suddenly 2 sets of eyes started to come straight towards me. I thought it was rabbits so shone the light on them, it was badgers they came right at me snarling . So I started backing off and trying to shoo them at the same time, they were only 3 feet away and snarling and running at my legs. I just kept swinging the gun butt at them and one of them backed away and went back to the other 4 which were just baby's. So I just kept backing away probably about 40/50 feet away and the other one turned and ran back to the rest of its family as they headed along the wall and through the top boundary fence into the old quarry. I can safely say my heart was in my mouth and my shorts were full,I have never experienced anything like that in my life I was terrified and panicking like hell and hope I never experience anything like it again. I never thought that badgers would have a go at you like that especially as I was about 50 feet away from them to start with. Stay clear of badgers when they have young ones.

Caberfeidh

• Dig Attendee

Oldblue110

• Dig Attendee
  • If it beeps,dig it.
It was a bit of an eye opener for me that's for sure, hope I never get in such a situation again.

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
I'd have shot em
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Oldblue110

• Dig Attendee
  • If it beeps,dig it.
Can't say I didn't consider it, it was touch and go a few times.