August 23, 2019, 12:58:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » All Others » Help Needed - XP Deus

Author Topic: Help Needed - XP Deus  (Read 785 times)

jrmcleod

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • TEAM AT PRO
Help Needed - XP Deus
« on: August 29, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Hey All,

I was very kindly gifted a brand new XP Deus with WS4 Headphones and Control Box for my efforts at work...Not a bad bonus!!!  I opted for the XP Deus because i have heard so many good things about it but i have always used Garretts.

The thing is, i have read the user manual but it is very confusing when my mind is programmed towards another type of machine.  I am looking at using it for the first time this week on freshly cut stubble and pasture.

Does anyone have any good programmes for me to use or can you point me in the right direction for how to set it us to get the most out of it?  I know there is a basic mode but i would rather start off with a commonly good programme that will 'show me the ropes'.  The fields are fairly quite with minimal trash but have shown up Bronze Age finds in the past.
TEAM AT PRO

Garrett AT Pro International
Garret Pro Pointer

DartmoorRanger

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • TEAM MINELAB, TEAM XP
Re: Help Needed - XP Deus
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »
I started off using the pre-set programmes, my favourites were Deus Fast and GM Power. I would start using these as you won't go far wrong and it will also help you get used to the machine before tweaking anything. If you go to youtube and watch Garys detecting videos on the Deus, these are also very helpful and he has some programs you can insert also. I also bought the XP Deus book by Andy Sabisch which is a fantastic user guide and explains all settings in detail.
Minelab Etrac, RNB Innovations ML3100, SEF 15x12 Coil, GOG Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, JR Stainless 'V' Blade, JR Stainless Ultimate Digger.
XP Deus

Uncle Bob

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
HONESTLY  -  Use Programmes 2 or 3, just as they are, and get used to it.

Programme 3 for trasyhysites, and programme 2 for everything else.

Almost all the other programmes you will be offered are minor modifications of those two.  I say MINOR modifications.  Yes, they can make a difference, but in starting to use the machine you probably wouldn't tell them apart until you get used to the sounds and readings anyway.

Keep It Simple, and enjoy the experience.

Bob.

Chilgrove

• Dig Attendee
    • www.caltechlifts.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 10:19:10 PM »
Most of the factory pre set programs are good.  I like Deus Fast and GM Power.  As others have said it is advisable to stick to the factory settings until you get a feel for the machine.  It's a very good detector.  Flicking it onto Basic 2 can often give you an idea if the signal is iron or not.
The machine is very light and no dangling wires.
Howard. 

Tommy

• Dig Attendee
  • if in doubt dig it out
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »
Have to agree with all of the above I use deus fast most of the time. Don't whatever you do start adding loads of programmes you'll never get used to it. Keep it simple and you'll be fine.
XP Deus
Garrett carrot pointer