February 19, 2019, 03:48:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Whites » help please DFX

Author Topic: help please DFX  (Read 614 times)

tommac

• Dig Attendee
help please DFX
« on: August 10, 2017, 04:09:38 PM »
Just getting back into MD and resurrected my old (new) DFX 300 . I`m having a real problem with coke cans and bottle tops though.
Been out today and dug so many signals on albeit trashy showground.  A few coins but mainly aluminium cans all registering between 60 and 80 . Any tips welcome please and yes I know-- buy myself a Deus or a 3030.
XP Deus
DFX 300
Bountyhunter QD 2

Rikki

• Dig Attendee
Re: help please DFX
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »
I know the feeling. Maybe we should set up a recycling plant.

Uncle Bob

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »
Other than getting a Minelab, then get used to it!

It is not difficult to learn the sounds of coke and there are a few well documented tips for sussing it out if you are not sure, and once you've mastered that it won't be a problem for you. A nuisance, yes, but not a problem.

Aluminium is harder because you will always get a pure tone with it, and apart from the fact that large lumps like can ends or whole cans buried fairly deep will always give a cracking signal, and you can usually suss that out as you dig, there's not much you can do except dig it.

It's harder to ID the wee fragments than the big lumps, funnily enough, because they dont give quite the same massive signal, and sound much more like what you are after.

Just keep diggin' !

All the best,

Bob.

tommac

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
yup--guess I have to live with it -so many cans though. Can recognise "coke" and differentiate but  not bottle tops ..I suppose to be expected on a showground.
Did manage a few newish  coins at about 6 inches and a Viccy penny even deeper (I reckon 8 inches) so there`s nothing wrong with the machine.
XP Deus
DFX 300
Bountyhunter QD 2