December 11, 2018, 07:47:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detecting Stories » Want a laugh?

Author Topic: Want a laugh?  (Read 956 times)

rorycrawford

• Dig Attendee
  • Eurotek pro, Makro Racer, Rutus Alter 71
Want a laugh?
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »
So today i went out to a permission of mine to see if i could get on anywhere. No one was in so i headed to fields further up to see if the farmer was there...nope. i looked at my land map he had marked out which was his and he marked out fields about a mile away from where i was. Off i went. Little did i know you basically needed a tank to drive up this road! The divets and pot holes were the size of texas and nowhere to turn lol. Eventually got turned somehow. Heading down the road i thought i would call into a farm i had my eye on for a while. Chapped the door and out comes a man i went to school with and hadn't seen in 10+ years. He gave me permission on land there and land about 5 miles he also has. RESULT. Gave him my number and to text ne when the electric fence comes down. So i thought i would head to a permission of mine that is getting developed for housing. Last day ever on it so i started detecting the area they had scraped back which was essentially deep ploughed. Lead, lead, lead, spoon, lead.

Then sploosh, i had walked straight into sludge. Up to my knees lol. Managed to get one foot out but i couldn't get ny other foot out. The more i moved the more i sunk. Tried to dig myself out, nope lol. So i thought i would tey and get someone to come and help me out. Every single person i called laughed their ass off and facetimed me to get a better laugh lol. I even had a friend who told me what bear grylls would do. So i managed to get through to Mitchell (DS member) and luckily he came out and helped me out. An hour and a half i was stuck. Made it home alive minus a pair of good wellies and 10 kilo heavier in muck.

I have attached a photo.

Hope you all got a laugh. ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:46:42 PM by rorycrawford »
Family
duty
honour

Maggie

• Dig Attendee
Re: Want a laugh?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 09:41:07 PM »
You poor soul, you must have been knackered. Would make a good episode of the new Detectorists series but they never seem to detect in mud ::)

maxwell8tre

• Deputy Admin
  • Exalted Poster
    • Diggin' Scotland's Past finds blog
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:23:33 PM »
Noo there’s a day you could have spent better in bed! Unlucky, but at least you got a new farm out of it!
GCC

CTX3030

Uncle Bob

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:45:15 PM »
Boy, does THAT sound familiar!

Nightmare - thanks for sharing!

Bob.

rorycrawford

• Dig Attendee
  • Eurotek pro, Makro Racer, Rutus Alter 71
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »
All that for a bag seal and a stainless steel made in hong kong watch strap
Family
duty
honour

spectra

• Dig Attendee
  • its there , just go get it
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 12:56:21 AM »
could have been worse if Fone died  :)

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
Been there done that! I got stuck up to my thighs in a peat bog when I was fishing on my own up north years ago. There were no mobile phones back then and not another living soul in sight. I finally managed to haul myself out after two hours then had to walk an hour back to the car, totally knackered an covered from head to foot in black gunge!
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer

Greusaich

• Rising Member
  • Professional new guy
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D it’s not just me then, my wellies try to kill me in the mud by coming off as I try to step but my feet don’t make it it all the way out so they trip me up lol. At least you got some farm land
Let the coil.....meet the soil!!!

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Nightmare buddy  :o
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Mitchell

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 09:57:56 AM »
Still laughing at it yet  :D you'll know not to do that again lol 

Hope the bag seal was worth it pmsl  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:00:00 AM by Mitchell »
AT Pro
Ace 250
Pro-Pointer