November 17, 2018, 02:57:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Tea coffee hot chocolate 🍫

Author Topic: Tea coffee hot chocolate 🍫  (Read 397 times)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
Tea coffee hot chocolate 🍫
« on: September 12, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
Trying to get a less cumbersome system than the urn and gas bottle ect sorted out at the moment folks but my initial plan of those 4L teapots cafeterias used to use has been harder than I though!
It seems they are a legacy item not really used any more!

So I’ve ordered a tall pump action thermos like we use at meetings and will use a gas or petrol stove to boil water to refill it as required. I’d still like to buy the big teapot for that purpose so if anyone sees one for sale anywhere give me a shout!

I’ve called some catering companies but biggest they have now are the stainless 48oz type ones that aren’t really certified for naked flame lol!!

Anyway I’ll get there, any thoughts are more than welcome 🙏
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

spade

Re: Tea coffee hot chocolate 🍫
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
Hi Grant,

What about a kelly kettle  ? You might be able to buy the kettle part on its own.

Richard.

https://www.skylandequipment.com/kelly-kettle-aluminium-trekker-scout-base-camp.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIloqQrfO13QIVqrDtCh0KJQK6EAQYAiABEgJxzPD_BwE

Kelly Kettle Aluminium storm kettle

Now supplied with Stainless Steel firebase, more durable compared to the previous aluminium base.

* the *main phoograph is not too exact scale**

A highly efficient Outdoor camp kettle which is suitable for solo campers, Trekkers, Hikers, Kayakers, Backpackers, Bikers, and all outdoors enthusiasts who need to keep their pack light.
A great addition to your Car Camping gear and a vital item for a Wilderness Survival Kit or Disaster kit.
This lightweight aluminum kettle fits neatly into it's own drawstring carrying bag which can be put into or carried hanging from a Rucksack or Backpack.
As there is no need to carry fuel, this camping equipment 'kit' will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time - never worry about running out of fuel again!
Using any naturally occuring solid fuel (sticks, pine cones, dry camel dung! etc.) this unit will operate perfectly well, even in the most extreme weather conditions or terrain.
The Kettle brings water to a rolling boil within a matter of minutes while you reheat or cook food at the same time using the cook set on the pot-support over the chimney of the kettle. In this way, a very small amount of fuel will both boil your water and cook your meal at the same time!
Specifications

Trekker

Height .......27cm / 10.6 inches (packed)
Diameter....14cm / 5.5 inches
Capacity.....20oz (UK) / 0.6 ltr
Weight............1.1lb / 0.5kg
Scout

Height ....... 27cm / 10.6inches (packed)
Diameter....18.5cm / 7.3 inches (widest point at Rim of fire Base)
Capacity.....41 (UK) ozs / 1.2ltr
Weight............1.5lb / 0.7kg
Base Camp

Height ....... 34cm / 13 inches (packed)
Diameter....18.5cm / 7.3 inches (widest point at rim of fire base)
Capacity.....54oz (UK)/ 1.6ltr
Weight............1.8lb / 0.8kg

Stainless Steel Vs Aluminum

For decades Kelly Kettles were made from Aluminum, and these kettles have been known to last for literally decades!   However, in recent years there has been significant demand, primarily from the North American market, for a Stainless Steel version of our kettle.  Hence, we developed and introduced the steel model of  'Base Camp' kettle in early 2009.
Stainless Steel is slightly heavier than Aluminum however; it is a stronger metal and therefore more resilient to dents.
The Aluminum kettle boils slightly faster than its steel twin as Aluminum conducts heat faster than steel.
The Aluminum kettle is cheaper than its Stainless Steel twin.
Stainless Steel kettles should be dried off and stored in a Dry location to prolong the life of the kettle. There is no need to dry off Aluminum kettles and they require very little care - aluminum kettles have been known to literally, last a lifetime.
There should be no 'taste' of either metal.
Note: If you were considering doing a lot of cooking on the fire base, then the Stainless Steel Kettle is the best option.  The Steel kettles come with a steel base which is more suitable to cooking than the aluminum base, as Steel has a melting point almost twice that of Aluminium. We already have Stainless Steel Cook sets available which are designed to fit inside the steel bases for transport and we will be launching a new 'Steel 'Hobo Stove' attachment in late 2012 which will make cooking on the fire base even easier!
That’s it really…..the choice is yours!

Seagoon

• Dig Attendee

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
Re: Tea coffee hot chocolate 🍫
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »
The good news is the pump action thermos part of it is here and the reserve gas burner in place in case of any issue with my Petrol pique!

The big kettle is taking longer to come so I’ll improve with a pot to top up the thermos thing while we wait!  :)