December 15, 2018, 12:31:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Abroad » General detecting chat » Who are you??

Author Topic: Who are you??  (Read 462 times)

Bruno

• Dig Attendee
Who are you??
« on: December 02, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »
Jim's talk at the start must of went in one ear and oot the other of some arse hole. Found this large piece of iron lying next to hole , I removed it and put in wood which was only twenty yards away.

TheJim

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Team Minelab
Re: Who are you??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 09:44:15 PM »
See this all the time mate ! Its a waste of breath talking to these clowns  >:(  You cant shame them
Alba Gu Bra'th

madmanandy27

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »
shocking that!!

Seagoon

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 10:07:35 PM »
Found a similar example in field 5: iron bar sitting right next to the hole. Un. be. liev. able...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:04:15 PM by Seagoon »

Kyt2016

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 10:37:01 PM »
The other club, who can’t be named, were on a permission of mine a Few weeks back, closest one to home I’ve got tbh and good for an hour or two if I want out, big field half was ploughed and sewn other half in stubble, anyway I jumped in after they’d been hoping they’d cleared some junk for me and come across a piece of iron three times this size, big plate of it that had been removed from its hole and just sat in the sewn field just waiting for the combine next year, pissed me right off and could have well lost me a permission but as Jim said what’s the point in even saying anything  :-X >:(

jimmytyres

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 07:10:48 AM »
Jim said at the talk this was a tester for the estate and for the club can these people not see the bigger picture here

AJS67

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »
Pure laziness !  >:(

Amadeus

• Dig Attendee
  • Am Rockin
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
See this regularly, also getting fed up filling in other peoples holes.
XP Deus
CTX 3030
AT Pro
Sea Hunter Mk 11
https://youtu.be/XlAUj91QNmo

spade

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »
Not me I have a garage full of scrap metal :o I dig and take everything....

cloppydog

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 10:09:59 AM »
The other thing that I noticed on Sunday was the number of filled in holes where the findings of the original signal were just re-buried. Pure idleness and not in the spirit of the hobby?

alexio

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 12:40:31 PM »
I came across a couple of the refilled holes too, I can understand if the iron etc is really deep and too large to pull out and therefore its not an issue to livestock or ploughs hitting it and getting damaged but outwith that its a poor respect for the club and the kind farmer who gave you permission to be there and I hope whoever is doing it becomes even lazier and gives up the hobby altogether soon!!

puddock

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 09:41:46 PM »
See this all the time mate ! Its a waste of breath talking to these clowns  >:(  You cant shame them
I agree, sadly :(
This has gone on in metal detecting since time immemorial & I’ve been on a lot of digs on and off over the years. Newbies need to be continually reminded of the “ettiquette” - I don’t understand why they don’t research this for themselves. Maybe cos we seem to be living in a “spoon feeding” society where folks think others are responsible for their actions. Lately, I’ve noticed some not using headphones & the noise on the field has been driving me nuts  :o
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:46:11 PM by puddock »

Bruno

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
Another point no finds bag noo digging cause where do they put all the bits we dig up and bin when we get home !!!!!!!!!!     

TheJim

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Team Minelab
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
Another point no finds bag noo digging cause where do they put all the bits we dig up and bin when we get home !!!!!!!!!!   
A very good point Bruno as I have found lots of wee bits of scrap lying on the surface that have clearly been dug up and thrown away  >:(  Should be a rule no bag no dig
Alba Gu Bra'th

Faoileagh

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 01:35:08 PM »
Agree with this. I too came across of few holes like the photo. The Doric Diggers outings used to have boxes so people could drop their scrap finds into the boxes at lunchtime and the end of the day. From memory there was one box for scrap metal and the other for lead that could have some scrap value, with any proceeds going to charity. Apologies my son and I did not have headphones last week. I've sorted this and all three of us will have headphones tomorrow. O0