October 15, 2019, 08:13:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » to set the record straight regarding F0zzy aka Fraudy’s comments on Facebook

Author Topic: to set the record straight regarding F0zzy aka Fraudy’s comments on Facebook  (Read 2157 times)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
F0ssy sorry Fraudy as I’ve decided to refer to him made some vexatious  ‘online’ comments about our dig actually during our dig on Sunday this being the second time he has done this in as many months.

He basically called me a liar and for lying to you good people! for stating we believed  the fields were undetected and that he had permission there and that they were ‘barron’ I assume he meant barren (free of signals)

If you attended you’ll know there were plenty of signals but only 2 hammered on the day so how if he had been detecting them could he claim they were barren?

As a result whilst paying the farmer in the after I accompanied jim who asked him (the farmer) while I was there if this was the case. The farmer then stated unequivocally that Jim F0ster aka Fraudy  aka Fraudy DOES NOT have permission there and if he has been indeed digging these fields then it is without permission.
He also stated that he has NEVER given permissions to anyone in particular not a scouser and not been asked in the last 10-15 years.

Rewind back a few weeks and we were at Leys of Dun, again at this time Fraudy did the same thing in that he put it about that he had permissions for years and had been detecting it blah blah blah

On arrival
We did in fact see LOTS of fresh holes in the small field near our parking spot  but NOT in the fields we had arranged to detect which as it turned out we got 30 hammered off on the day but the field with all the holes was the adjacent field WHICH BELONGS TO THE CHURCH so with definitely no permissions having been granted there whoever had been digging that field prior to us attending that dig was doing so illegally and more than likely trying to leave signs of detecting to undermine DS....who would do such a thing?......eh fraudy?

Fraudy was then approached and questioned and admitted never having detected the fields on the DS dig and rather than years had only recently approached the farm for permissions...at least on that occasion he had the sense to wind his neck in and admit he’s been far from honest with his claims..(witnessed by a non staff member) There were no signs at all of detecting on the 3 fields we had the dig on.

So, despite DS postponing digs in the past to accommodate him when he was running organised digs on ‘barren’ fields of his own, he has been making vexatious claims and undermining DS and to what end? What is his motivation? Is he up another organisers poop shoot? Attending someone else’s digs and being put up to it or just as thick as a whale omelet’s which I’ve always thought anyway.

You folks will have to make your own mind up as to his motivations to make these false claims and post them online with the only possible motivation I can think of being that he would rather put you off attending DS digs and go where?

I made my mind up about what this scouser hiding in Scotland was all about just a few years back  when he posted up a group of hammered coins claiming he had just found them, however they were positively identified as the exact group of coins another well known Scottish detectorist had recently sold  :P...the photos were online overnight until they were spotted and double checked against the other photos and he was called out on it, he deleted the post the following day, makes me wonder if ANYTHING he has claimed to have found actually originated in piece of earth in which he had just dug. Or can he he be trusted with anything at all?

Have I or any of the other staff at DS ever showed you some real good finds we got from a field we were about to put you on only for that land to turn out to be ‘barren’ no? But you’ll remember Fraudys ‘great land’

Anyway I wouldn’t normally let the politics get on the forum but he had the chance to come to Castletown on Sunday and sort it out face to face, clear the air or whatever but he was content to make false claims and unfounded accusations from a distance online despite living in that area, knowing exactly where I was but kept well away on the day so I told him what is he by PM before I blocked him and now I’ve told you guys and gals so next time Fraudy gets in touch remember he’s a liar, cheat and a coward. I am none of these things.

Grant over and out
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:48:17 AM by Grant »
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Bruno

• Dig Attendee
Well said grant.

gasman

• Dig Attendee
Yes well said, and in a polite and positive manner. Good luck all and happy hunting   :)

AJS67

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
Good post Grant .. I heard rumblings about ' barren fields etc ' on Sunday .. knew this rumour was a total load of crap .. had to empty my finds bag 3 times due to amount of good signals I was digging .. and I left at back of 5pm .. day flew in .. never stopped digging .. another well organised DS dig .

axb77938

• Dig Attendee
  • THE AIRTH TERRET(100BC off iron age chariot)
Aye fair play grant the joys of detecting lol
Falkirk Museum on display : Iron Age Hoard biggest find in Falkirk District since 1933
Linlithgow Annet House Museum on display : Bronze Age Axe/ Papal Bulla/Toy Hammer
National Museum : Roman Mounts/Medieval pendents 28 x TT claimed cert
Finest Medieval Sliver Fede Ring Ever Found In Scotland

Rob

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • Minelab Master
Hello i am here for the drama who's got the popcorn? 8)
Yes this is tech support.... Metal what? Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Bruno

• Dig Attendee
What all the digs including charity digs  forget is you are all nothing if it wasn't for us punters and yes that's what we are punters we pay or donate for a days detecting and we will go where we think is the best option because we want to find the auld stuff. I've been detecting for about eight years now and the amount of fighting I've seen is unreal. DS slagging toddys and vise versa and now ww.detectingscotland.com and fossys charity digs joining the mix. FFS have any of yous thought what we the punters think ?? I will continue to go to all the digs unless they ban me ,and I know they will all get to read this cause the spy's are photo shooting this  as I you read this. I love my digging and get on with most people from all the digs and hopefully will continue to do so.

Bruno

• Dig Attendee

afgingram

What all the digs including charity digs  forget is you are all nothing if it wasn't for us punters and yes that's what we are punters we pay or donate for a days detecting and we will go where we think is the best option because we want to find the auld stuff. I've been detecting for about eight years now and the amount of fighting I've seen is unreal. DS slagging toddys and vise versa and now ww.detectingscotland.com and fossys charity digs joining the mix. FFS have any of yous thought what we the punters think ?? I will continue to go to all the digs unless they ban me ,and I know they will all get to read this cause the spy's are photo shooting this  as I you read this. I love my digging and get on with most people from all the digs and hopefully will continue to do so.
totally agree. Turn up and take your chances.  What I will say is that you get told from me what I get told from the landowner in respect of it being new land etc. Folk are free to come and go as and when it suits them.
The fat pied piper of Basra

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant

It’s not going to be an ongoing thing, other than we will no longer co-operate to increase his attendances, we aren’t bothered what the others or which groups he is involved with it’s all choice for you guys, we don’t try to force anyone to come along or play the loyalty card because that’s ridiculous. You are grown ups!

His post was aimed specifically and personally at me and posted publicly to shame me and damage our attendances and reputation, despite he had my number and knows Jim sorted out the land so I’ve come out and defended myself after ignoring previous issues from him and I e outlined the FACTS and only the facts for you all and will let people decide for themselves right from wrong.

Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Uncle Bob

• Dig Attendee
I appreciate the explanation regarding the Dig and like Bruno I just want to Dig.  I don't much care whether the land has been previously detected or not - we all know that it's impossible to cover all the ground, and on top of that, there are some cracking new machines out there which find things better than ever (detectorist's ability and practices allowing of course!)

Anyhow, with upwards of 100 detectorists out every weekend, and many more through the weeks, it's bound to have an effect of find rates and find quality.  You can't expect to hoover everything up and still find as much as we used to - but the funny thing is, we still DO find some cracking finds and in decent quantity too.

We all enjoy the shared experience and the company of diverse but like minded individuals, the fresh air and exercise, the scenery, and the excitement of potentially great finds.

I realise this had to be addressed, and I don't believe for a minute that either Grant or Jim believed the ground was barren or had been done to death and put the Dig on anyway to guzzle up our money and cheat us.  If I did, I would not be coming back.  I don't need bad feeling and aggro or a bad atmosphere any more than anyone else.

Oh yes, and I have to say I really appreciate that other folk put themselves out to get the ground available in the first place.  No easy thing to do.

Well said Bruno - you give out sound advice mate.

OK - that's me said my bit - I'm off to watch detecting videos on YouTube .....

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:52:19 PM by Uncle Bob »

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
I appreciate the explanation regarding the Dig and like Bruno I just want to Dig.  I don't much care whether the land has been previously detected or not - we all know that it's impossible to cover all the ground, and on top of that, there are some cracking new machines out there which find things better than ever (detectorist's ability and practices allowing of course!)

Anyhow, with upwards of 100 detectorists out every weekend, and many more through the weeks, it's bound to have an effect of find rates and find quality.  You can't expect to hoover everything up and still find as much as we used to - but the funny thing is, we still DO find some cracking finds and in decent quantity too.

We all enjoy the shared experience and the company of diverse but like minded individuals, the fresh air and exercise, the scenery, and the excitement of potentially great finds.

I realise this had to be addressed, and I don't believe for a minute that either Grant or Jim believed the ground was barren or had been done to death and put the Dig on anyway to guzzle up our money and cheat us.  If I did, I would not be coming back.  I don't need bad feeling and aggro or a bad atmosphere any more than anyone else.

Oh yes, and I have to say I really appreciate that other folk put themselves out to get the ground available in the first place.  No easy thing to do.

Well said Bruno - you give out sound advice mate.

OK - that's me said my bit - I'm off to watch detecting videos on YouTube .....

I have no problem listening to criticism and talking with folk but why should I ignore someone making pubic posts saying that I’m “just a liar and should stop lying to all my punters etc etc”

He didn’t question DS actions or anything he made a personal attack on me and not for the first time so sorry but this time the empire strikes back 😂

Uncle Bob

• Dig Attendee
I was not having a go at you  -  you have every right to comment as you did and I'd have done the same if it was me.  I was just saying how sad it is that the hobby gets hijacked by ill minded or malicious people. Nobody needs it.

Back to my videos now ....

Greendave

• Dig Attendee
F**k 'im..

KillieDee

• Dig Attendee
Fraudy & his like (and there a few of them) must lead very empty - dare I say barren - lives!