October 15, 2019, 08:52:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Rallies Scotland,England,Wales, N I » Code of Conduct for Rallys & Digs » Fake finds

Author Topic: Fake finds  (Read 10285 times)

Marc27519

Re: Fake finds
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 07:11:01 PM »
I think they are more to be pitied than scorned to be honest. People who do this sort of thing are either trying to monetise it somehow, validate a find to profit, or most likely just wanting the attention for a fragile ego. I remember an older guy in the US found a CSA belt buckle about 6 times that i remember. He was the luckiest old guy i ever met ;)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
I find the same lump of coke over and over again  :'(

Stop firing it over your shoulder then.
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Tommy

• Dig Attendee
  • if in doubt dig it out
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »

Aye you're supposed to take it away with you lol.
XP Deus
Garrett carrot pointer

smooky

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 09:54:18 PM »
I've only ever found a few Vicky silvers and Georgian pennies with my best find being a knackered rose farthing of charles 11 and I couldn't even imagine faking a find. All the rubbish we find makes finding the wee silver coin or old penny a wee victory for us and makes us think of who last held it and what it could tell us of times past. I feel sorry for an individual who needs to fake finding something what an empty experience it must be.

harbinger

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2016, 10:48:43 PM »
With all the crap I find,its hardly worth uploading pictures(it takes ages from here)nevermind doing it over and over with the same thing.Most people think we are weird and/or sad and this nonsense won't help change their minds.Good to see swift action being taken.

bagolead (Life Member)

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • Wash it before you bin it, cos you never know!
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
Well spotted. I'm sure this sort of thing will go on as long as there are prizes or some sort of one upmanship between people. We all know that in the end it's a bit futile, a bit like cheating at golf (makes your score better but does not improve your game). The only real concern is that a "decent find " may have it's real find spot recorded wrongly and this could lead to outings being held again on land that was thought to be productive.                                                                                                               I agree with the outcome of this episode.
             Rant over.
                         Bagolead.

goldsniffer

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Grant c'mon I don`t fire it over my shoulder.  There is a just a coke size hole in my finds pouch. I am sure it keeps sneaking out  :o
Xp Deus
(goldsniffing) Coils 9" and 11"
Garrett (goldsniffing) pro pointer
Spade

(Legal disclaimer) - This detector is in no way shape or form trained to find gold, anything found is by chance or luck and owner shall not be help liable for lack of gold obtained.

Paisleymuddy

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »
Am sick of all the fakes out there fake nails ,hair,eyelashes,tan,boobs, shoes ext,that is just the miss but u all r kicking up a stink over a sad freak looking for some love share the love not the hate

Shug100

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2016, 03:40:35 PM »
Am sick of all the fakes out there fake nails ,hair,eyelashes,tan,boobs, shoes ext,that is just the miss but u all r kicking up a stink over a sad freak looking for some love share the love not the hate
Fake boobs are good as long as it's a good set not the ones u could park a car between  ::)

Bounty Hunter

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • To find the past you have to loss the present.
    • Went and forgot ma probe.
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2016, 08:20:06 PM »
Does this type of Behaviour really beg belief?
I pondered the thought for a moment as to why o why would someone do such a crazy thing, is it for attention or accolade? Then it suddenly hit me ,could  it basically just be down to liking the company and simply feeling a bit out of out, marginalised if you like the term, as others around you are having better luck than you maybe are and maybe you feel a bit outside the circle due to not being part of the 'look what I have found banter' that naturally goes on at most digs.  If that is indeed the sad case then eh hoo ,get in line and join the big huge couldn't give a flying ...happy dough nut club of the rest of us who are not always as lucky as everyone else, and make it easier on yourself and just chill out and enjoy yourself, I myself like many of us am not the luckiest charm in the box but I got over it by simply having a ball and a laugh with the rest of the unlucky 'could do better, 'easily distracted ' club of dudes out there. The good thing about finding hee haw is that things can only get better ,right, well that's what I tell myself, and sometimes I also find that its when your simply chilling out taking it easy , that's when you get that ding ding both ways signal. If your reading this Brian and I hope you are mate , don't be put off by not finding the good stuff as sad occurance really does happen to us all ,all the time, its whats the hobby is all about, and don't be put down by all this , we all do things we regret ,that's what makes us all imperfect humans and I like most people are walking talking testament to that. Bottom line, just get out there and have a ball mate, as life is just too short.
BW Ger.
When detecting always expect the unexpected, if in doubt, prepare to be disappointed, then dig it.If you don't know what a coin is chances are it's not that common and could be worth more than you think.Minelab X-Terra 70,Explorer XS.CSCOPE Newforce R1 ,X-Terra 30,Tesoro Hawkeye.Ace250,TrackerIV,GM4