November 18, 2019, 05:15:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Rallies Scotland,England,Wales, N I » 2018 Detecting Scotland Digs (Moderator: afgingram) » Charity Digs for 2019 - May Update

Author Topic: Charity Digs for 2019 - May Update  (Read 479 times)

joe98

• Dig Attendee
Charity Digs for 2019 - May Update
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:30:14 PM »
Hi folks,

Four Charity Digs - Updated - 29 May 2019

I headed off in search of two farmers tonight with Howard Renwick (Chilgrove)  to talk to them about holding Charity Digs for hopefully sometime between October to December at new areas in Angus I have already got two new definite Digs on the books so have tried for an even four Digs - and it was typically dreich and wet ootside.

Good News

We have lift off now for all the four Digs I had in mind at new locations this year two of the Digs have something historical about them one has a myth about it and the other totally unknown.

These Digs will take place from between October through to December pending on of course clashes with other Digs being organised elsewhere and which I will try and steer clear from.

More info to come later this year - please spread the word.

Joe

Just to keep folks abreast about this year's Charity Dig's.

For the past five years or so I have been organising charity Digs in and around the Dundee area for two charitable organisations that if Dighty Connect and the Ninewells Community Garden.

This year is going to be different as donations raised from my organised digs will go directly to the farmer who will pass on to his favourite charities.

So far I have been fortunate enough to approach the two farmers that I have been going to over the past five years and thankfully I still have the green light from them - I am aiming to hold 4 Charity Digs this year and not just the 2 and so far the two farmers have agreed to allow digs to take place - there will be held at new locations this year in Angus and Perthshire.

I have also got a new farmer for the permission to hold a Dig at his farm that sits next to something historical and might be very interesting in terms of finds coming to light - and I am going to approach farmer Number 4 within the next month to try and secure Dig No 4.

Whatever the case, there is a little more than last year coming -the dates for the Digs will hopefully be from October onwards -and these will be the usual arrive and put donations in the red biscuit box entry - more info to come - Joe
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:04:23 PM by joe98 »
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Slow Giles

Re: Charity Digs for 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:48:37 PM »
This sounds great and look forward to hearing more details.
If everyone treated others how they would like to be treated themselves, the world will be a better place.

Carrick

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 06:51:47 AM »
Great news! Looking forward to this!

Bluetoon15

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 08:55:53 PM »
If I am off, shift worker, count me in....

Attended one last year and had a great time...

Tony
Tony
Peterhead
Garrett AT Pro International