December 13, 2019, 05:08:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Five million pound silver hammered coin hoard found

Author Topic: Five million pound silver hammered coin hoard found  (Read 2083 times)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Sland

Re: Five million pound silver hammered coin hoard found
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »
Wow!  Lost for words! Impressive on a detector designed for finding gold.
Mike
Edinburgh
CTX 3030 / Garret Ace 400i

Greusaich

• Rising Member
  • Wadayetalkinabeet
Re: Five million pound silver hammered coin hoard found
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 03:52:32 AM »
Be a fair workout swinging that all day long lol. First the news was plastered with metal detecting for bad stuff like nighthawking or damaging scheduled monuments, now it’s getting plastered with expensive hoard finds.
Before this the media has a TV show the Detectorists, there’s been a huge boom in people new to the hobby, then the media teaches the public what’s a big no no  in the detecting world with its negative reports like “detectorists charged with stealing ££££ amount of find (that story made no sense. Where you gonna sell it all? Especially when TT or their officials pay them for the find). So don’t try stealing, we will catch you!!!
Now we have in the papers 5 million hoard, 2 million hoard, 1 tonne bronze coins, Galloway hoard
It’s like they have made a big boom for the business, create a whole load of hobbyists and then decide everyone needs a licence. It’s how they continue to rinse us. They go from one hobby to another doing it. I’ve been watching trend over a decade. I think the hobby is going to get stung

I know, I sound like rambling mad man, instead of jeans and a shirt I should wear robes and tell people their future because this far I’ve been accurate and I hope by typing this I’m wrong!! Lol 😂
Sassy! Let the coil.....meet the soil!!!.....”wadeyetalkinabeet”?