October 15, 2019, 10:08:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detector Finds » Sunday 22nd Sept, Auchtermuchty, dig report

Author Topic: Sunday 22nd Sept, Auchtermuchty, dig report  (Read 703 times)

afgingram

Re: Sunday 22nd Sept, Auchtermuchty, dig report
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 09:48:08 AM »
“Open forum” with censorship! A certain member should be ashamed for taking it upon himself to deny members their right for an “open” opinion regardless of the subject matter or persons involved. I suggest the thread be reopened for obvious reasons and let it take its natural course to a conclusion regardless of motives behind the censorship.
.   I don’t have a clue what your post is in reference to but it certainly does not belong  on this thread that was created to show detecting finds from yesterday. If you have a gripe delboy then post it in the area for complaints and suggestions or general chat. This discussion about open forum on this thread ends at this post. Like I said. This is for yesterday’s finds. I’m all for open discussion (so long as it is kept to respectful opinions or facts). Move it to the correct area on the forum.
The fat pied piper of Basra

PHYSIPHIL

• Dig Attendee
  • Perth - Minelab Equinox 600 & Profind 35
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 08:26:15 PM »
Very happy finding my first hammy....on my last target on the way back to the car too!
Met some great people! See you again soon!

alexio

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 08:45:17 PM »
Didn't find much in the way of anything significant at Auchtermuchty, apart from this large lead bullet. If anybody has any ideas on what fired this bad boy or any history, it'd be much appreciated. Cheers again for the dig guys, it was still an enjoyable day!

afgingram

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »
A minie bullet. Circa 1860s. Used in Crimea.  Had range and impact that blew musket and baker rifle out the water.
The fat pied piper of Basra

alexio

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 06:03:23 PM »
Cheers for that, I had an idea it was used in the Crimean due to its design on the base.  ;)