December 07, 2019, 01:26:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Equipment Reviews » Deteknix X Pointer Probe- Great Value For Money

Author Topic: Deteknix X Pointer Probe- Great Value For Money  (Read 297 times)

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
Deteknix X Pointer Probe- Great Value For Money
« on: November 12, 2019, 10:04:15 PM »
A few weeks ago, after a few hours on one of my permissions, I came off the field, cleaned the mud off my gear, packed it into the boot ( or so I thought) and set off home. It wasn't till a week later when I was looking for my finds bag, I realized I had left it on a wall where I had been parked. To make matters worse, it contained my pinpointer, trowel, finds, spare batteries, and assorted bits of kit, so I was not a happy bunny to say the least. I went along to the field hoping some honest person might have found it and hung it on a fence post, aye right! Nothing handed into the cop shop so the search for a new bag and pinpointer began! I had my faithful Nokta RS pinpointer for five years, so decided to go for the same model...no longer in production.Same script for the bag. I had a swatch at other makes and was flabbergasted at the prices, then I found the old model Deteknix X Pointer on line. The reviews were all good and the price was even better at £69.99, miles cheaper than the top brands, so decision made. It arrived within two days of ordering and it's an impressive bit of kit for the money. Well made, good volume, very sensitive and  the deal included a lanyard, a good holster and two spare tip protectors. I tried to register it on line for the two year guarantee but the web site was defunct. Not a good sign. However, it was supplied through Amazon by Spin A Disc Detectors in Englandshire, so I called them and was reassured that I could deal directly with them if anything went wrong. The first field test with it was in heavy soil and it proved to be first class, better than the Nokta I lost to be honest. It found the smallest of targets easily and there was no falsing. If it interfered with my AT Pro as some reviews suggested, I never heard it. All in all a great bit of kit I would recommend. I replaced the trowel for a quid in The Range and did a swap for a bag with my detecting buddy, so I am good to go again. Next time out, I'll be checking and double checking I have left nothing behind, except fag ash and footprints!
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Deteknix X Pointer

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
Re: Deteknix X Pointer Probe- Great Value For Money
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 10:53:33 PM »
How you doing  long time no see, great pointers but the battery that comes with them don’t last long and I almost sent my first one back thinking it was faulty so have a spare with you, in mineralised soil it will go a bit crazy and will need to be recalibrated, simple job just push it into the ground then switching it on and when it stops bleeping and your god to go. Hope this helps and HH.
45%, Cheated not defeated.

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 05:45:56 AM »
It has been a long time indeed Pete and apart from being laid up again with a knackered back, I am doing okay thanks. Thanks for the tips on using the X Pointer and come to think of it, mine never came with a battery! One of the reviews I read said it was battery hungry but as I have only used it a couple of times so far, I have yet to see if that's true. Hope you're doing okay yourself and hopefully I might catch up with you at a dig sometime once I get my corkscrew back fixed. All the best. Jim.
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Deteknix X Pointer

Doodles the Flatback

• Dig Attendee
  • Well only started this hobbie nov 2012 (newbie)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »
hey hawkeye,

sorry to hear the unfortunate news of your bag etc i have also done this with walkietalkies and bags it a pain. however i have the pinpointer you have just purchased and have had it for around 2-3yrs i find no problems with it and for batteries i find i use durecell and energize batteries the battery in there has been in there a while so i think if you use a decent battery it aint as power hungry as the reviews make out. hope yer back gets better soon.
CTX 3030 user

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
Thanks for the info Doodles. I've been using Duracell Industrial for a few years now, cheap as chips for multi packs on t'internet and  they last a good while, both in AA and square 9 volt varieties, so here's hoping they last  equally well on the X Pointer. If I had been fitter the day I discovered I had left my stuff lying on the dyke, I would have kicked my own arse for being so stupid, but that's life! Glad to hear you also like the Deteknix and it's good to find a decent bit of kit at a sensible price these days. Hope to see you at a dig soon. All the best pal. Jim.
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Deteknix X Pointer