December 07, 2019, 01:43:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Beginners' Section » Advice for Beginners » Hello! Some help required

Author Topic: Hello! Some help required  (Read 679 times)

MikeEdin

Hello! Some help required
« on: November 19, 2019, 11:21:09 AM »
Hello all,

I have a slightly strange request. This weekend I was quite unfortunate to lose my gold wedding ring on a farm in Fife near Largoward just off the A915. Obviously this has quite a bit of sentimental value and I was wondering whether anyone had any advice on what I would need to use to find it or perhaps if they had the time would be able to help me search for it (a reward would obviously be offered). I have permission from the owners of the farm to look for it, I just need to let them know when I can go (as I live in Edinburgh it's a bit of a day trip for me).

Many thanks in advance for any tips or help that is offered!

Mike

PS As a general comment, for a complete novice answering some of the verification questions and reading those letters ia a nightmare

Magnas

Re: Hello! Some help required
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »
Hi Mike

That's very unfortunate. I'd be happy to go across and try to detect it with you. I'm in Glasgow so you may well receive some offers of assistance from people closer to the farm but if I can help please feel free to send me a message (through the 'My Messages' menu above or the icons below my name to the left). If I hear from you we can arrange a day/time to suit.

Regards

Magnas
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:22:26 PM by Magnas »

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 02:07:40 PM »
Hi Mike

I'm free thursday and friday (school hours) and have a spare detector, if thats any good?

Stevie

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »
I'm Dunfermline area.

Mudplugger

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 10:29:58 PM »
Hi  Mike

I'm 9 miles away from Largoward and can help you out most days if you want to PM me when you know better the day you want to come over.  I also have a spare detector should you need to borrow one.
Equinox 800
Nokta Fors Relic
C-Scope CS1220XD
Techpoint pinpointer
Bags of enthusiam

MikeEdin

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 12:35:50 AM »
So I think there is a definite victor for closeness so thank you very much Mudplugger and also everyone for your kind offers. I will contact the farm and ask when is best for them and then hopefully see you there!

EleanorF

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
 Let us know how you get on! Good luck! 😊👍
Finds - few
Enthusiasm- plenty

Bluetoon15

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »
Love this type of request, shame I am not close enough to go help, so good luck on finding the Wedding Ring.

Tony
Tony
Peterhead
Garrett AT Pro International

Stavros

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »
Best of luck.

Mudplugger

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 12:54:44 PM »
Success!
Met up with Mike at 10.00 am today  walked down a path into one of the fields where he believed he may have lost the ring and would you believe it, first decent signal 30 feet or so into the field and I was holding his wedding ring.  Was anticipating searching most of the day when I saw the area he had first mentioned but as it happened 20 minutes later we were back at the cars.  So, so lucky today, not always that quick!  Needless to say Mike and his wife who also was present were over the moon.  I declined their offer of a reward but was persuaded to accept a bottle of home brewed pale ale  :) Just so happens that Mike is a very well qualified chemist with speciality in brewing!  I shall enjoy my gift later today.  As a little aside to this, Mike was a few minutes late in arriving as we had originally arranged to meet around 20 minutes earlier and he had told me the areas he had been in.  The land owner - Sarah - showed me the path he would have walked along and so I switched on and got a five minute head start.  First and only signal I dug before Mike arrived was a small silver earring which on showing it to Sarah she said that it was one of her mothers! So a double whammy  :)  Photo to follow hopefully.
Equinox 800
Nokta Fors Relic
C-Scope CS1220XD
Techpoint pinpointer
Bags of enthusiam

Stavros

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 01:25:59 PM »
Love it, excellent stuff. Well done!

erm1969

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 01:43:07 PM »
Cool, well done!

MikeEdin

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »
Can't thank Dave enough for his help, absolutely stellar stuff! Definitely did not expect to be reunited within 10 or so minutes, very happy.

Sam

• Dig Attendee
  • Team Minelab! -On ‘Safari’
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 04:29:51 PM »
Great result! Well found Mudplugger. It’s good you could help them out, you must be one of the good guys. Enjoy your beer. 🍻

madmanandy27

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »
well done on the recovery :)