April 02, 2020, 07:33:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Rallies Scotland,England,Wales, N I » 2020 Detecting Scotland Digs (Moderator: afgingram) » Thank you all so much for yesterday.

Author Topic: Thank you all so much for yesterday.  (Read 276 times)

Lil Miss Row

Thank you all so much for yesterday.
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »
Repeating this from Kirrie dig forum, so doesn't get missed by those I want to thank. 

Thank you so much to everyone for the most amazing day. Was absolutely worth getting up at 5am, and home at 8pm, for.
Huge thank you to everyone, you were all so helpful to my newbie family. My 15 year olds daughter is hooked and now wants combat trousers and a leg holster for the pointer, like Doodles has.

Particular thanks (in order of meeting you) to Jim for organising and explaining dig, to Jim's missus for allowing me to borrow her T2, to the Deus man parked in front of us (I knew they must have adjustable sounds!), to the man who found silver by the fence and let us hear it on our detectors, to the chap who helped me locate my find when family had gone off with pointer (and gave me huge tip about handfuls of earth to coil), to the fellow who found the 1st hammered of the day for letting us see and hear it, to everyone who asked how we were getting on today- so many of you!), to John L, who was so helpful with info and astounding gift of most of his finds today, to the fellow whose spade I borrowed, and who gifted it to me. 
I know there are more to thank, but my head is still buzzing and I can't remember it all, everything went by so quickly! Thank you all!!!
Newbie from Ross-shire

grumpyjohn

• Deputy Admin
Re: Thank you all so much for yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »
So glad you had a good day with DS. They are a great bunch of people and I keep my fingers crossed that one day I will get out detecting again!!!!
Better to live a rich life and die poor ,than live a poor life and die rich
English by birth, Scots by choice !

EleanorF

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 08:24:09 PM »
So glad you had a great day, and you were looked after! 😊🙌
Finds - few
Enthusiasm- plenty

Doodles the Flatback

• Dig Attendee
  • Well only started this hobbie nov 2012 (newbie)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 09:16:08 PM »
I am glad you and your family had a great day out with DS. And well done for making the drive and the finds you all managed to winkle out the ground good luck and happy hunting.
CTX 3030 user