February 21, 2020, 12:19:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Beginners' Section » Help a Newbie Corner! » New to the hobby and trying to decide on a detector

Author Topic: New to the hobby and trying to decide on a detector  (Read 264 times)

Niall

New to the hobby and trying to decide on a detector
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:56:56 PM »
Hey folks, I'm looking to get started in the hobby and i was looking for thoughts on my first detector before i can start coming to digs. I've been looking Garrett AT pro's alot but I'd rather hear from people with more experience before i buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated  :D

Bruno

• Dig Attendee
Re: New to the hobby and trying to decide on a detector
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:52:25 AM »
All depends on your budget ATpro is good machine but pricey for a first machine if you can get a second had one then that's a option . The simplex at £400 new could be a good bet as it's got wireless headphones and is waterproof. The build quality is also top drawer ,so whatever you choose just jump in you wont regret it 😉 bruno.

TheJim

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Team Minelab
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »
AT Pro is a great machine you can get one secondhand for around £300 But as said the Simplex is also good value for money Best have a look on you tube lots of info on there
Alba Gu Bra'th

Niall

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
Thats great, thanks very much for your help. I think i'll probably go with the AT because I've seen a few online and they're roughly what i was expecting to pay for my first detector. I'll see yous on a dig as soon as i get it  :)

Amadeus

• Dig Attendee
  • Am Rockin
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 10:14:11 PM »
I have an AT Pro in VGC with standard, small and Nell Tornado coils £600
XP Deus
CTX 3030
AT Pro
Sea Hunter Mk 11
https://youtu.be/XlAUj91QNmo