June 06, 2020, 04:43:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Beginners' Section » Help a Newbie Corner! » newbie looking for a detecting buddy

Author Topic: newbie looking for a detecting buddy  (Read 454 times)

digdeep

newbie looking for a detecting buddy
« on: March 06, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »
Hi im alan 54 from irvine and fairly new to metal detecting and very keen, im looking for someone to buddy up with for friendship and to learn more about detecting hopefully quit close to me but i do have my own transport and i have no problem traveling to go detecting, i have recently bought a fairly good entry level machine just to get me started and hopefully in time upgrade to a better machine after i gain experience, my main aim is to just enjoy finding things and research history of anything i find and just enjoy my day out and about, i have permission from a few farmers as i used to do a bit of shooting years ago, im no where in the same league as most in here but hey we were all a beginner at one time, i know there are clubs but i would rather gain some field experience first so i have more idea what ppl are talking about at any club nothing worse than just sitting there not having a clue what ppl are talking about, so pls if you think you could help pls get back to me asap thanks.

Bluetoon15

Re: newbie looking for a detecting buddy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
Hello Alan

Welcome to the site. I am in Peterhead so no use to you up here. You are in the right area to attend Detecting Scotland digs on a Sunday and everyone will assist and talk to you if you make yourself known to the attendees...

Good luck in finding a buddy and good luck in your Hunting Days out...

Tony
Tony
Peterhead
Garrett AT Pro International

TheJim

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Team Minelab
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:59:46 PM »
If you can make a dig people will be happy to help you out Alan  :) Dont be wary of asking about stuff as we all had to ask when we started off
Alba Gu Bra'th

EleanorF

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 09:38:24 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!
As said above, if any of the advertised digs take your fancy, please dont be put off coming along, all levels of experience attend the digs. Folk very friendly, and if you let admin know its your first dig we/ they will be delighted to help. Good luck!
Finds - few
Enthusiasm- plenty

Sland

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:39 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!
As said above, if any of the advertised digs take your fancy, please dont be put off coming along, all levels of experience attend the digs. Folk very friendly, and if you let admin know its your first dig we/ they will be delighted to help. Good luck!
This is true, they even let me go to digs :)
Mike
Edinburgh
CTX 3030 / Garret Ace 400i