June 06, 2020, 03:22:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Rallies Scotland,England,Wales, N I » 2020 Detecting Scotland Digs (Moderator: afgingram) » ALL DIGS POSTPONED PLEASE READ

Author Topic: ALL DIGS POSTPONED PLEASE READ  (Read 534 times)

afgingram

ALL DIGS POSTPONED PLEASE READ
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »
Dear all,
                 I will keep this fairly short and to the point. Due to the ever increasing restricitions and safety measures required to alleviate the spread and effect of COVID 19 all digs on DS will stop until further notice.
 It would not be fair or ethical to ask folk to congregate in numbers going forward. Also I have to take into account the need not to put our landowners and farm owners business at risk by potentially threatening their income due to the possibility of folk spreading the virus.
 Furthermore as a frontline emergency service worker we have been asked to limit our chances of exposure to maximise the full potential of being utilised in the coming months, basically meaning that I may need to work a lot of weekends going forward.
 I hope you all understand this decision and support it. If you do manage to find any goodies either at a dig elsewhere or on your own land please continue to post the finds here to keep us all going over the few weeks to months. I hope you all remain healthy and it doesn't affect too many of you.
 Work will still go on to find land for the harvest time and I am working with 2 landowners in Fife for a possible autumn  rally, providing all goes well.
 Any issues or questions then send me a pm. Cheers folks and thanks for the last couple years, Digs will resume as soon as practical.
 The DS team..
The fat pied piper of Basra

rocenante

Re: ALL DIGS POSTPONED PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
Well said.... Stay safe everyone

AJS67

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:13:53 PM »
Good call Jim .. hopefully were back out on club digs soon .

johnl

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »
we never saw this coming .but hope every body stays safe .hope to see you all in the not to distance future .

Sland

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
Very sensible decision and absolutely correct given the situation.  Stay safe everyone.
Mike
Edinburgh
CTX 3030 / Garret Ace 400i

Jack McHammock

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 08:46:47 PM »
Thank you for your time and information, looking forward to the future

Regards Jack McH