May 19, 2019, 01:52:37 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » Anyone familiar with the Garrett Infinium LS?

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with the Garrett Infinium LS?  (Read 2120 times)

stevie67

• Dig Attendee
    • Steve Paterson Sculpture
Anyone familiar with the Garrett Infinium LS?
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »
Made a bit of a rash purchase yesterday  - a used Garrett Infinium LS which seemed a bit cheap....I'm new to this and still trying to get to grips with my Ace 250 and realise that the Infinium would be a steep learning curve but i can't get the thing to ground balance at all. it's making a pretty constant high-low tone whether the coil is plugged in or not. It'll quieten down occasionally and the coil will give some response to metal objects. Took it up to DavyR's yesterday who knows more about these things than I do and after some beard and head scratching (and actually reading the manual!) neither of us were any the wiser. Anybody got any advice (other than take an adult with you when buying a used detector) before it's binned/sold for spares/set fire to/sent for repair...?
AKA Sorex...That is all. Apart from an AKA Signum

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
Re: Anyone familiar with the Garrett Infinium LS?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Bring it to the DS dig 5 Kinross Rally on sunday and ask those attending the rally for some help.  I'm sure their must be a fellow detectorist present with some knowledge of the type in question. I'm a Whites man myself so wouldn't be able to help you out as Ive never used a Garrett.Once some of the more experienced detectorists get their hands on your machine I've no doubt they will provide you with an explanation which hopefully resolves the problem.

Ewan

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Hi Steve,

I'm assuming you've not tried this machine on the beach yet?

Assuming the detector/coil/lead isn't faulty, I think you will find
a detecting session on the wet sand to be a different ball game
altogether.
From what I can gather, your description of the noisy LS is a
similar scenario to my PI machine - unworkable on any field
(so far) due to the noise - but when it's on a beach it's as quiet
as a mouse, until it hits a target.

Ewan.

stevie67

• Dig Attendee
    • Steve Paterson Sculpture
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
Strangely enough I got it to shut up in the house (where it shouldn't). Coil working fine. Took it to the beach for a half an hour yesterday and it went mental...Will bring it to the  dig on Sunday.
AKA Sorex...That is all. Apart from an AKA Signum