August 23, 2019, 12:42:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » Accessories & Other Detecting-Related Stuff For Sale » Renaissance Wax for sale 65ml

Author Topic: Renaissance Wax for sale 65ml  (Read 3289 times)

tafflaff (Rob)

Renaissance Wax for sale 65ml
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:20:33 PM »
I've been offered sole rights to sell this to the metal detecting community and shops. This post is to judge interest in the product and to take orders.

As most of you will know Renaissance wax is used to preserve finds and is considered by experts to be the best by far out there. Unlike other waxes - oils it contains no acids so preserves the coin artifact in its original condition.

I think I've done my maths correct and am selling them for £9.50 for a 65 ml tub.   To anyone on detecting Wales / Scotland , first 25 will be sold at £8.00 +p&p

Anyone interested let me know.

Product Details

Renaissance Wax

Renaissance wax polish was originally formulated in the British Museum research laboratories in the early 1950's, in response to a discussion amongst museum technicians at an international conference on fine-art conservation.

In accelerated ageing tests, the British Museum scientist found that all current commercial waxes based on the usual natural waxes (beeswax and carnauba wax) contained acids which, in time, could spoil original finishes on national historic collections of furniture. He rejected them all and investigated the new so-called 'fossil' or microcrystalline waxes being refined out of crude oil. With their distinct characteristics depending on their geographical origins, the new 'man-made' waxes could be accurately blended to meet the needs of many industries, from cosmetics and pharmaceuticals to heavy engineering. Thus, the waxes combined Nature's best qualities with the advantages of modern technology.

The blend which emerged from that research was 'designed' for long term protection of all classes of museum exhibits. At last museum technicians and others caring for important collections could use wax polish that neither caused future conservation problems nor detracted from the intrinsic values of their treasures.

Commercial production and distribution of the polish was ultimately undertaken in 1968 by the London-based company Picreator Enterprises Ltd. under its trade name 'Renaissance'. The product was quickly accepted in the international museum world and has become a universally respected standard conservation material - probably the most widely specified - because of its almost unlimited uses.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:22:17 PM by tafflaff (Rob) »

Brian75

Re: Renaissance Wax for sale 65ml
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
Rob stick me down for one mate, in no real rush for it can wait till the next dig for collection if thats good for you?

tafflaff (Rob)

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:40:18 PM »
You might have a long wait Brian as I live in Wales  ;)  I'm going to have to sort something out for Non Pay Pal users.

fahad43

• Saxon Mount
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
I have been buying mine on ebay for £9.49 with free p&p, best deal around that i could find.
Hammy Count 2012 = 47
Hammy Count 2013 = 45
Hammy Count 2014 = 25

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=31762&cat=500

tafflaff (Rob)

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »
Yip , mine are on ebay at the moment for £9.00  free p&p   ;)

fahad43

• Saxon Mount
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »
tried to find yours tafflaff but its not showing up?
Hammy Count 2012 = 47
Hammy Count 2013 = 45
Hammy Count 2014 = 25

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=31762&cat=500

tafflaff (Rob)

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
Top of the page  put in Renaissance 65ml

Brian75

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
You might have a long wait Brian as I live in Wales  ;)  I'm going to have to sort something out for Non Pay Pal users.

:D No worries Rob, send me a PM over and i`ll sort it out through paypal  ;)

Brian75

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
Paypal payment sent Rob  :)

Brian75

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
Arrived save and sound Rob, thanks again 8)

crepitis

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
Rob, do you still have this for sale on E-bay ?, Ive just been on there and typed in "Renaissance 65ml"
as you suggested in an earlier post, but the only one coming up from the UK is from a seller named Busker54.

Is that you ?, or another person entirely ?  :D

Anyhow, Im interested in some of this product, so please let me know if its still available. :)

tafflaff (Rob)

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »
Hi , not relisted from last week as I've only got 4 or 5 left. If you want one though we can do it through pay pal. pm me and I'll return my paypal details

Borderreiver

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Rob, do you still have this for sale on E-bay ?, Ive just been on there and typed in "Renaissance 65ml"
as you suggested in an earlier post, but the only one coming up from the UK is from a seller named Busker54.

Is that you ?, or another person entirely ?  :D

Im not going to win any poularity contests for this but nevertheless:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renaissance-Wax-Polish-200-mls-7-fl-ozs-/120476750470?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item1c0cf95286

crepitis

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »
Rob, payment sent, Ive sent you a PM too  :)

By the way Rob, the post above,  quoting my previous post, makes it look like its me providing a link to  an E-bay alternative.
I know that wasnt Borderreivers intention, its just the way the post has appeared on the page,  :)

The e-bay listing on the post has nothing to do with me   :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:46:57 AM by crepitis »