March 24, 2019, 11:57:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » A reminder about PM notifications by email

Author Topic: A reminder about PM notifications by email  (Read 1078 times)

DS Administration

• Administrator
A reminder about PM notifications by email
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
This is for the members who have selected to have notifications of PMs sent to them via email:

It says at the top of these notifications “IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.”

Some people have been ignoring this and replying to the email thinking that they are replying to the original PM. This is not the case.

If you ignore the warning and reply to the email all that happens is your reply comes back to our email address and bungs up our inbox. The person you think you’re replying to never receives a reply.

To repeat – the emails you are sent are just NOTIFICATIONS - not PMs themselves. All replies to PMs must be sent from within DW.

There is a link at the bottom of the email which will take you directly to the site so that you can reply to your PM.

Geoff

joe98

• Dig Attendee
Re: A reminder about PM notifications by email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
This is for the members who have selected to have notifications of PMs sent to them via email:

It says at the top of these notifications “IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.”

Some people have been ignoring this and replying to the email thinking that they are replying to the original PM. This is not the case.

If you ignore the warning and reply to the email all that happens is your reply comes back to our email address and bungs up our inbox. The person you think you’re replying to never receives a reply.

To repeat – the emails you are sent are just NOTIFICATIONS - not PMs themselves. All replies to PMs must be sent from within DW.

There is a link at the bottom of the email which will take you directly to the site so that you can reply to your PM.

Geoff

:) Hi Geoff

Yip I am probably guilty as charged it has happened with me on occasion and the message within a message can be a bit of a scotoma meaning even I sometimes do and reply wrongly.

One suggestion if I may is with the following to have it emboldened and underlined so as not to miss the statement thus.

You have just been sent a personal message by ---------- on DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK.

IMPORTANT: REMEMBER, THIS IS JUST A NOTIFICATION. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

The message they sent you was:

If it was highlighted this way one's eyes would be drawn to it even if in a huury.

Just a thought?

Joe  ;)
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV