March 19, 2019, 04:23:16 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Launch of DetectingEngland.com

Author Topic: Launch of DetectingEngland.com  (Read 1604 times)

DS Administration

• Administrator
Launch of DetectingEngland.com
« on: May 20, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
We're proud to announce a new addition to our family of websites with the launch of our new sister website DetectingEngland.com. We're hoping to foster good relations and contacts between the detecting communities in Scotland, Wales and England.

You can have a look at the new site here:
http://www.detectingengland.com

Geoff
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:48:51 PM by admin »

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
Re: Launch of DetectingEngland.com
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:52:32 PM »
Signed up already Geoff ;D.Yet another site to trawl every night.The wife is going nuts.She say's"It would be less embarassing if it was p**n sites I was on :o.Best of luck with the new site.
Beep Beep.What's it going to be this time.

davieb1974

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 06:00:15 PM »
Good luck with the new site, I'm sure it will be a great success  ;D

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
Can I wish --- Best Wishes --- to this latest addtion to the family. Detecting Wales then Scotland & now England.  Can I ask who provided the funding for ,and, who created the administrational wing for these websites.We have administrators and moderators can you explain a bit about their remit ?

DS Administration

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
Thanks Lucky. The three sites were created and funded by myself. My two 'right hand men' of Neil and Tafflaff (Rob) have helped establish all three sites and form the startup administrative team. We have a small team of two moderators on DetectingScotland.com, Reiver and Davieb1974 who both do an excellent job. We are intending to expand our moderator team as the site grows and we hope that people will emerge from the moderators who have the enthusiasm and time to take on the more administrative roles.

I think it needs to be made clear that DetectingScotland.com is a website not a club. We will do our best to promote Scottish metal detecting clubs and it is certainly our belief that to get the best out of metal detecting it's a good idea to join a club.

We hope to organise some DetectingScotland.com rallies in the near future. Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year to be doing so now and there are some organisational hurdles to overcome but I'm hopeful we'll be able to sort something out in a month or two.

We hope that our websites will not only help to develop the metal detecting communities in the three countries but also foster links between the metal detecting communities in those countries.

Geoff

chunky5211

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 07:59:53 PM »
Sounds great admin and all the best with detecting england  ;D ;D if it's anything like wales and scotland it will do verywell ;D ;D