August 22, 2019, 07:13:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detector Finds » Detecting in Lincolnshire

Author Topic: Detecting in Lincolnshire  (Read 1682 times)

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
Detecting in Lincolnshire
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Anybody from Lincolnshire area, as EJ and I plus tiny digger person are going down there on a fact finding holiday on the local areas in April.
I don't think there is anybody on the forum from there, if this is so we will have to grab a permission I hope when we get there.

Aye
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

Sword@Sceptre

• Dig Attendee
Re: Detecting in Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
 I have a number of conections in Lincolnshire, what area are you going to ?.

Bill

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:05:59 AM »
Hi Bill

Cheers for reply and your offer, sent you a PM m8

Regards
Robin
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

DavyR

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
Hi Acoustic

May be possible answers to your query as a post has arrived on Rogers Relics forum similar to yours ;)

Im off to look at a house in lincolnshire today - a village called Gedney, near Spalding.

an obviously key question when considering buying a house- is whats it like for detecting in this neck of the woods - the wash is only 6 or 7 miles away so beach work might be back on the cards, but I think its reclaimed fens all around so unsure what might be beneath my feet

is there anyone local that can enlighten me?

Tis a small world right enough ;D

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
Cheers Davy

Small world indeed m8

johnl

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »
a great area i was at a rally there a few years ago and saw hammered. roman . 4gold staters and 1 quarter stater a half sovereign plus more

Sword@Sceptre

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »
A good detecting friend of mine, from Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire, went to a rally on the coast not far from Gedney, about two years ago. He said the small field  where the rally was held was on the coast next to a medieval church , he said it was not well attended, and over 40 hammered coins came up that day, he had 7.

Bill

PS King Johns treasure lies in the marsh ground near Spalding, that should keep you busy for a while...   LOL.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:52:47 PM by Sword@Sceptre »

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »
Certainly know how to wet a persons appetite, lol.

I see Gedney is an old drove route so by what you say for such a small place it certainly has had a few people tramp across it.

King Johns treasure, lol, I would settle for a nice hammered

Aye
Robin