May 22, 2019, 06:09:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detector Finds » A very very brief session

Author Topic: A very very brief session  (Read 1070 times)

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
A very very brief session
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
There was I set up for a decent long session, parked the truck really well, no cow poo to walk through. This was going to be my day..........Yeh right.....

Finds, a lovely small bell with 3 equidistant holes drilled through  the edges???
The bell clapper long rusted away, still in the process of cleaning, picture to follow.

Another cartwheel penny and after a stunning amount of digging a helicopter...........
Just kidding, a toy army mash type helicopter but I was really pleased with that weird find in the middle of nowhere.

Then it started to rain on my parade, oh drat i said (notttt)
End of session in less than 30 minutes

Oh for a baked piece of earth and a Roman grot
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:48:30 PM by Acoustic »
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

crepitis

Re: A wery very brief session
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »
The bell sounds interesting Robin,  look forward to seeing a pic.

As for baked earth and Roman grots,  I give you a couple of months in Lincolnshire and you will be pining for torrential rain, midges and featureless Viccy coppers , but by then it will be too late  ;D

Acoustic

• Dig Attendee
  • Junk clearance expert
Re: A very very brief session
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:19 PM »
One thing I will miss is the Scottish humor, truly a sad loss
This hobby brings the worst out in the ODD individual, however thankfully brings out the best in the majority of individuals.......Learnt by experience

Borderreiver

Re: A very very brief session
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:02:22 AM »
Youll be putting a hundred of those Roman grots on ebay for a fiver.They dig them like we dig lead. ;D.You will soon be sick of them. ;D Is it a cow bell you found mate??
Goldmaxx Power. ADX 250. Whites M6