May 26, 2019, 12:26:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » Detectors for Sale » Regton Metal detector Company

Author Topic: Regton Metal detector Company  (Read 3562 times)

The Bard!

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
Regton Metal detector Company
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
Hi Folks,

Not sure where to post this but thought it worth a mention. I recenty purchased an Ace 250 Sports Pack from a forum member, this was advertised as having 10 months warranty left on it at time of purchase, I incorrectly assumed this meant it was two months old, ( My mistake ) when in fact it was14 months old. Very soon after trying it out it appeared there was a fault with the large coil. After several e-mails to Regton during which time I was advised the warranty was not tranferrable, I eventually was advised to send it back for testing, today I received a replacement coil. I felt this was excellent service from Regton and I have thanked them. I had received the warranty and other paper work from the seller and it transpired this was very important to have these documents in order that the problem was addressed. My reason for posting here is a cautionary note for buyers and sellers to ensure any relevant paper work is kept or transferred with the item. It is also important to keep copies of any communications with the company as this helped me greatly in my dealings with Regton. Lasty, there should be no misunderstanding about this posting, it in no way infers any problem with the seller or the detector in terms of the purchase. My dealings with Regton would certainly encourage me to go there for any future purchase.

unknownmale. ;D

gasman

• Dig Attendee
Re: Regton Metal detector Company
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
I have allways had great service from Regtons and will continue to support them.

grumpyjohn

• Deputy Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:09 PM »
Yes Regtons are a brilliant shop to deal with. Very helpful. The guys that run it are detectorists themselves. ;D
Better to live a rich life and die poor ,than live a poor life and die rich
English by birth, Scots by choice !

andypandy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
glad to here you got it sorted out jim.

andy

crepitis

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
Just to echo what the others have said,  I have dealt with Regtons a fair amount and have always had excellent customer service, they really go out of their way to help customers and I have never had any cause to fault them  :)

Sword@Sceptre

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 07:40:46 PM »

Over the years I have purchased several detectors from Regtons, and always had SUPERB service from them. When purchasing a new detector, if ordered on the phone before 2pm it is at your door next day.
 Was visiting a friend last night, who wished to purchase  a T2, I produced  treasure hunting magazine circled the one in Regtons advert, and it was being ordered this morning, I'll bet he has it tommorow to go out at the weekend.

I have NO connection to this company........... LOL

Bill

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
Cant fault service like that.Had a couple of machines from them as well.A first class retailer. :)
Beep Beep.What's it going to be this time.

The Bard!

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
Thanks Andy,
I was a wee bit leery about posting in case you thought I was having a go. although I had nothing to gripe about, Ijust wanted folk to know about the great service. I will now go out and find some treasure it was obviously the fault of the machine not me, regardless of the fact I had two coils LOL

unknownmale

gogs

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:32:27 PM »
I phoned them once and had a very helpful response.  Regtons get a 10 out of 10 from me.

andypandy

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 07:35:49 AM »
no problem jim.

andy

vikingson

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
ive never had any dealings with regtons but they carry a good name on other forums...............regards

eoc

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
I agree, top service.

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
It seems we are lucky on our hobby as we have regtons and joan allen down south and Whites up north, all with good reps and great customer service!

Would be nice if there was a detector shop you could trust in central belt but as far as I'm aware there has never been one of good reputation. Maybe I'm wrong.

Victor Morris in glasgow dabbled a bit with detectors but that doesn't infer a good rep haha ;D
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

crepitis

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
I remember Victor Morris selling detectors but I think they may no longer sell them  :-\, I think theyve gone back to  the Buffalo skinning knives, a much better seller in Glesga  ;)

There was a shop in Glasgow years ago called Scotrocks which I remember sold C-Scope machines and possibly others, but it seems to have vanished a long time ago, if I recall correctly it was in the area of gibson street in the west end.

Sword@Sceptre

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »

Regton never let me down, my mate got his new T2 next day.

Bill