August 19, 2019, 03:52:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » All Others » Could be the bargain of a lifetme?

Author Topic: Could be the bargain of a lifetme?  (Read 6479 times)

joe98

• Dig Attendee
Could be the bargain of a lifetme?
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »
 :) Hi Folks

It's not everyday we can lay claim to getting the bargain of a lifetime however I am going to be putting that to the test?   ???

A friend bought the other week a detector of that most infamous bidding shopping site E what's it!  ;D

Now this detector was bought specifically for the purpose of working on dry sand and wet sand beaches as it has a good reputation for doing so on both.

Although it is not much to look at the detector also boasts tone ID and has a 'Needle'' Intensity Meter.

It has been on sale in this country for about well it must be nearly 20 years and hasn't really been altered in all that time, granted though the build quality doesn't appeal to all?

American made?  ::)  its a 'Bounty Hunter Tracker IV,' and I've been wanting to see one of these machines in action for an age.

Made by the same company that produces all those top range models such as the Teknetics T2 and the Fisher's F75.

Well my friend didn't like it after two outings so I've now got one at long last he had got it brand new for a song well under the £100.00 mark, and now I have it and have just acquired its matching 4 inch sniper coil known as the Bounty Hunter Gold Nugget coil, total price for the coil £23.00 and its brand new as well.

All Brand New having only been used twice so could this be a bargain?

I cannot wait to put the detector to work for I know it isn't a deep seeker however it will work on both dry and wet sands, and has its own factory set ground tracking on board so no ground balancing required and its motion with tone ID.

The write ups from the States seem to praise this detector with high affection and it apparently can find gold nuggets in black sand (doubtful over here), so we shall see.  ;)

Watch this Space ?

Joe  :)

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

dodie1

• Dig Attendee
  • Thats worth diggin !!!!!!
Re: Could be the bargain of a lifetme?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:00:24 AM »
good hunting joe keep us posted !!!

puddock

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
Sounds interesting, joe98...we will await a review!  ;)

gogs

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »
Good luck joe :)

joe98

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
 :) Well managed to get out last night to concentrate on some detecting on a local beach Ricky Blake phoned me around 4 pm and we both headed out around 7 pm, to a local beach.

What with the weather being what it had been over the past three days we were both surprised and taken aback with the sheer amount of crap that sun worshippers had left lying behind them for it looked like it  been some kind of feeding frenzy at the Zoo,  :(

Obviously never heard of bins even when they are within walking distance of the beach empty bottles everywhere and those damn barbecues that are hidden in the sand that give off good signals like the empty beer cans as well.

But that's members the human race for you!

Anyway, it gave me a chance to try out the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, and it was just as I had anticipated the detector is one of those models that has been around for some time but never given a second glance as folk go for the computerised models that have become more popular.

That said, if these models are being picked up for a song as this model has been had then they certainly do make great back-up detectors?  :)

There's nothing complicated with this detector its all automatic you just set your sensitivity and disc levels and opt to use the detector in All-Metal, Disc or Tone.

Sound quality is very good as well as the discrimination for you can begin to suss out some of the targets quite easily and some targets such as crown caps from beer bottle either get knocked out completely or are part fuzzy sounding.

Pin-pointing is good as well and can be quickly located under the middle of the search coil.

Ricky headed down one side of the beach while I went down the other side and in the space of three hours we both had found around 100 coins between us, with the Bounty Hunter finding over 40 of the coins, by the end of the search the Bounty Hunter had found just over £18.00 in loose change while Ricky pulled up over £26.00.

It was a great night of detecting although neither of us managed to find any gold or silver rings which was kind of strange as you normally do find the odd one but there was certainly the odd piece coming up of junk jewellery.

So wonder when we will see summer again?  ???

Joe  ;)
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

vikingson

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
a good day ya had well done........regards

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:45 PM »
I bought a Tracker IV when I first started,but only to see if I was going to firstly like ,then, continue with the hobby.Found my first hammered with it, a 1594ad Lizzy sixpence in mint condition on the outskirts of Kelso. I also found my first roman with it as well. I did notice however fellow detectorists were locating a lot more nice finds that i was. Its a good start-up detector and one that made my mind up the hobby was for me.Since then either a DFX or V3i are the onle metal detectors Ive used.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:36:02 PM by LUCKY »

puddock

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
Thanks for the review, joe98!  :)

spectra

• Dig Attendee
  • its there , just go get it
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 12:11:38 AM »
Enjoyed the read and review , thats a lot of detector for not a lot of money, if it can pull and separate good stuff  from the bad stuff in the black crust on wet sand ,its the bargain of the year :) 

joe98

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:16:50 AM »
 :) I am still to try it on proper black sand but so far it seems to work over wet sand at Broughty Ferry and St. Andrews but the coins you see posted came from dry sand last night ! As the tide was in most of the night.

Joe  ;)
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

gogs

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 12:18:42 AM »
well done a very good haul.  It looks promising.  Good luck for morte to come with it. :) :)

joe98

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »
 :) Hi Folks

Well I finished the initial trial runs today with the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.  :)

I was off this morning at the crack of dawn and headed down to the beach to give the detector a good run for its money using both the standard search coil and the 4 inch sniper coil 'Nugget Hunter,' which I took to use around a playpark.

The detector once again proved its worth as it pulled up the tiniest of finds here and among them an assortment of 20 coins, I later discovered the park had been done on Saturday by someone else.

But the wee coil held its own and is a great asset to have for the Tracker IV.

After an hour or so and having bumped into fellow detectorist and friend Andy whom I'd not seen in nearly two years he cycled off in one direction to have a look further up the beach while I started at the beach from opposite direction.

I reverted back to the usual standard 8 inch search coil for the beach although I could have probably easily gotten away with using the 4 inch one.

Andy had told me the beach had been searched by himself on Saturday and he pulled up quite a bit in coin, however we then became a little puzzled as there was a lot of fresh losses noticed and it was pretty poor weather yesterday with a cold biting wind so folk must still have ventured down here.

The Bounty Hunter did extremely well and I found over 70 coins among these were 15 pound coins and 4 two pound coins and if I'd known there was going to be so much I'd have brought along coin bags instead I had to make do with using an old shower cap to hold all the finds in.  :o

Andy was back searching near me and he was concentrating on the wetter sand while I was glued to the dry sand, two comical points of occurrence then happened with Andy one was he placed his push bike down and was searching away when he noticed out of the corner of his eye this OAP wheeling his bike away apparently thinking it had been dumped.  ::)

And then a short time after seeing Andy pedalling like mad along the sand chasing his detector bag that wind had gotten a hold of and was blowing down to the end of the beach.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

While all the while I was gleefully digging coin after coin!  8)

No jewellery coming up again but I did find a 'Pink Cat,' keyring and a tiny Religious Charm.

All in All a great morning but I now have knee caps swollen and I am in agony for the adventure  :'(, and I could throttle the folks responsible for 'Travel Dundee,' (Dundee Buses).

For as I limped back to the nearest Bus Stop I discovered to my utter disappointment  :-[ that there is no longer a Bus Service on Sunday' s to my part of Dundee and had to get another bus and walk about half a mile from a different direction to get home?  ???

Mind you that's Dundee for you full of tricksters and 'Joker's.  >:(

Have Tracker IV will find coins!

The amount for today's takings is £29.48 so worth the journey?  ;) But it will be sometime I think before I try again the local shopkeeper around the corner from me has now nicknamed me 'The Dundee Tombraider.'  ???

Joe  ::)
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

joe98

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »
 :) And there's more  ;)
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

joe98

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 04:59:01 PM »