August 22, 2019, 07:36:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Family History » Requests for information » Drainage reports

Author Topic: Drainage reports  (Read 2093 times)

The Bard!

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
Drainage reports
« on: June 09, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
Hi folks,

I will of course understand if this post is deemed unsuitable for the forum, however in times of desperation it is often the case the answer may be under your nose I recognise there is a wealth of differing knowledge on this forum.

Problem: In 2001 the farmer who resides above me, (higher ground) diverted a water flow which previously crossed his land and entered a burn which runs between our respective properties further downstream from my property. Hope that is clear. This water now runs in a ditch dug alongside the road, over 2/10s of a mile over the last 200yds the road drops by abt. 6ft. which in essence means the water gathers great velocity prior to entering the burn at the boundary of my property, this has I believe been responsible for us being flooded in 2009 and for a great deal of erosion of the banks of my property. I have been fighting this since the ditch was dug, culminating in a visit to a solicitor last week, during which time I was informed I/we would have to convince a sherrif of the water causing the damage we claim. This despite production of pictures clearly showing damage. The lawyer states we have to get a report from  someone to support our claim that this water was responsible. In there lies the problem I have no idea who might produce such a report. Any ideas.

gasman

• Dig Attendee
Re: Drainage reports
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
I would try the Roads department of the local Council, they will not provide information to be used in Court but should be able to point you to the relevant body, perhaps a Civil Engineer?.
Good luck.

s60tty

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
What about SEPA ? They poke their nose into that type of thing,i`m assuming your in Scotland ?
Good luck with it .
The trust of the innocent is the liars most useful tool .

The Bard!

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
Thanks Gasman and slider I have been fighting with the local council,as the road I mentioned has been compromised/eroded right up to the verge in three different locations despite this they are not interested, they just fixed it, saying they cannot do anything as it is the farmers land. I had a visit from SEPA months and months ago they said they would get hydrology reports etc. never heard of them again. I have had the Scottish Flood Forum involved as we were flooded, they are about as much use as a cucumber at an m.d. dig. I am really at a loss as to where to go. During the flooding my wife fell into a tract washed out by the water and was unwell for a year as she ingested some of the flood water. The police report stating she had been held under was not proven. LOL. Thanks again.

s60tty

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 05:38:40 PM »
Aye, no probs mate . :P :P :P LOL.
The trust of the innocent is the liars most useful tool .

wayoutwest

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
Maybe I am a bit late with this, having only just seen it............. but as far as I can see the best bet would be the Citizens advice bureau, they [ for free] will allway give you good advice

Thorfinn

• Dig Attendee
  • Keep on diggin' on - T2 se with SEF Coil
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
Did you get this sorted?  It was posted before I became a member.

I am an engineering geologist and could certainly help you  (or give you contact details of someone else local to you).  Let me know.

Cheers, Chris
Ross County FC 2 Hibs 1
My name is Chris.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_the_Mighty