May 21, 2019, 03:59:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » ace 250 package

Author Topic: ace 250 package  (Read 3086 times)

andypandy

ace 250 package
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
hello folks,new to forum.i am thinking of buying the ace 250 deluxe sports package which includes accesories including a bigger coil at a cost of £250 or just go for  the 250 itself at approx £180.
also what is youre thoughts on this detector or should i be thinking of something else for around the same cost.

cheers
               andy

Rob

Re: ace 250 package
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
Excellant machine for newcomers to the hobby, if you can afford the bigger pack go for it

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum Andy Pandy.If I was in your position,I would go for the Locator Package.£249.95 at Regton.The Ace 250 is a great starter machine and you would find the Pro Pointer a fantastic time saver.I'm sure everyone will agree with the Pro Pointer.I dont know how i managed without it.I'm sure other members will have ideas of their own but thats my opinion.Locator Package ;D
                                                       Happy Hunting
Beep Beep.What's it going to be this time.

davieb1974

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:02:21 PM »
Good machine to begin with; and the locator package sounds good as the pro pointer is great. I would try to get the 9 x 12 coil with it though. Again only my opinion. Good luck with whatever you choose and welcome to the forum  ;D

whigsvolt

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
If you can push the boat out and save a bit more Money Go for a Minelab Xterra machine.These are far superior and give a good learning base to expand to a better Minelab machine.

Dodger

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »
Ace is a great machine to start on. It performs well against higher price machines. If it cost twice as much and it wasn't yellow!, then people would rave about it. Agree with Hangova, worth going for the package which includes the Pro Pointer. I bought the Ace on its own and have ordered the pointer seperately after trying one out.

Big selling point for the Ace is its ease of use particularly for learners :)

stewarty

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 04:15:02 PM »
Hi mate
            just bought a second hand sports pack from ebay for £158 incl postage ;D ;D ;D

Solas

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »
hello folks,new to forum.i am thinking of buying the ace 250 deluxe sports package which includes accesories including a bigger coil at a cost of £250 or just go for  the 250 itself at approx £180.
also what is youre thoughts on this detector or should i be thinking of something else for around the same cost.

cheers
               andy

Go for the package with the bigger coil mate, better detph. Been tecting for years and never used a pointer.

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
What did you do in the end Andy?

Not much wrong with the Ace other than it's love of coke, that I couldn't seem to resolve.

I have one as my reserve machine
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

andypandy

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »
i went for the deluxe package,not used it much,as you say its a great lover of coke.
i went back to using my old minelab sovereign xs as it is a deeper machine.

andy

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 09:56:44 AM »
Don't let the coke put you off matey, I found the 250 to be pretty good all round including in sand.

Just carry your sov in the car as backup and if you are at a coke rich environment then switch machines.

I think the pinpoint on it is really good! Maybe even better than my etrac as I find I regularly dig to the side of the target with it, whereas I used to get my aim spot on with the 250.

That said I'm hitting targets with the etrac that my 250 can't reach nor my mates DFX (depthwise)
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)