May 20, 2019, 04:36:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Research & Books » Metal Detecting Books » PERTH LOG BOAT

Author Topic: PERTH LOG BOAT  (Read 1738 times)

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
PERTH LOG BOAT
« on: August 13, 2010, 02:46:42 AM »
A new book which tells the story of the recovery of the River Tay Log boat is available at £30. It is worth consideration as a christmas present.. It can be bought from Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust. One other event worth your consideration is a two day Perth conference held in early september. If you are interested in going you can download the program and speakers from the following webpage    http://www.pkht.org.uk/Whats-On/Events/Perth-a-place-in-history/     This event provides the opportunity for FORUM members to listen to some of Scotlands best speakers.

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
Re: PERTH LOG BOAT
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
I'd just like to remind FORUM members that the two day conference to be held early september in Perth is still bookable (web address above). I am aware that over three hundred people have already booked,however a few seats are still available. I believe that the first day of this conference should not be missed by any metal detectorist living in Scotland. The speakers taking part are a dream line up of academics which we will never see speaking as a team ever again.While the second day of the conference addresses the more modern Perth which is less appealing to us metal detectorists. If you can be there don't hesitate go you won't regret it.

davieb1974

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
Would love to go but I'm through in Edinburgh for a tribunal hearing that day  >:(

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »
I'm going on the friday with my wife and I'm really looking forward to it. Found it very easy to book over the telephone and for an extra 50p they are posting my tickets out to me.These speakers are really, really, good.