March 21, 2019, 08:41:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Any luck?

Author Topic: Any luck?  (Read 2464 times)

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
Any luck?
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:20:12 PM »
Did anyone have any luck this weekend?.I made £5.70 and a handfull of the usual Vicky pennies.[I would have better of at work].I suppose it's the thrill you get,every time you get a hit.I,m still coming to terms with the ETrac.The last two machines I had were both Garretts,so it was the case of switch on and go.I've still got my 250 and GTI1500,good machines,I still use them from time to time.
Beep Beep.What's it going to be this time.

davieb1974

• Dig Attendee
Re: Any luck?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »
No luck for me this weekend, but only managed a few hours on Saturday. My mission this week is to try and find a ring that was lost at work quite a few years ago, I remember the person who lost it said it was worth about £3000.00 so I'm going to spend my lunch hours this week having a look for it. Only trouble is that it is beside a chainlink fence and the area is going to be covered in coins, cans etc. Will let you know if I have any luck.

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »
Sounds like tough going.Do you know what metal the ring was made of?.I had a similar task last year.A friend of the wife lost a platinum ring while walking her dog.I was useing the Garrett 1500, got another platinum ring,used it to set the discrimination,found it no problem.It did help that she knew roughly where she lost it.Good hunting.

grumpyjohn

• Deputy Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »
No detecting this weekend for Grumpy, Funeral in Norwich instead!!! :'( :'(
Better to live a rich life and die poor ,than live a poor life and die rich
English by birth, Scots by choice !

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
Not so good grumpy.Nobody too close I hope?

crepitis

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:33 AM »
Another lost weekend for me due to a broken ankle  :'(, but I got the plaster cast off yesterday  ;D , so hopefully I will get back out again soon

grumpyjohn

• Deputy Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »
Hi reiver, went to Norwich for my aunts funeral. Sad but saw cousins I`ve not seen for over 50 years.
Hope to get out detecting soon, 1 field left I can get on. Very small but you never know!!
Better to live a rich life and die poor ,than live a poor life and die rich
English by birth, Scots by choice !

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
Like the wife say's.[It's not the size that counts].I think smaller fields are best.You dont start running around like a dafty.You can be a lot more methodical.Good hunting.

morayhunter

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
wis oot sunday for junk and one field that was quite good for a hamster is all marked oot for hooses  :( :( :(

crepitis

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »
One of my best fields was sold over for development about a year ago, and its now a no-go area, but the project went down the pan with the recession and it looks like nothing will be built there in the foreseeable future, but its still lost to me  :'(

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »
It's about time all land for development,is checked over first.God knows what pieces of history are lost forever?.I've got a copy ofBill Wymans book,TREASURE ISLANDS.The amout of major finds during building works is astounding.95% were made when it was the old pick and shovel brigade.Now with all the machinary,the chances of spotting finds are slim.A crematorium is being built at the bottom of the Eildon hills in Melrose,less than a quarter of a mile away from Trimontium,the biggest Roman settelment in Scotland but the fields off limits.What a country. >:(