January 19, 2019, 07:00:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Detector Finds » Have you found a BAG SEAL with clear markings?

Author Topic: Have you found a BAG SEAL with clear markings?  (Read 40139 times)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
Re: Have you found a BAG SEAL with clear markings?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »
Alternatively terry if you don't have a scanner or find it easier just bring them on Sunday and show Dave Maxwell them who will take some good photos to pass onto Stuart
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

Terry Kay

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:58 PM »
hi stu you will need to advise on scanning them cheers Terry

Terry Kay

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
bring them on Sunday much easier ehsaves messing about yeah?

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »
No problem mate, I like to keep young dave busy anyway  :)
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

StuE

• The Bagseal Gallery
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
Hay! I'm being spoiled on this Forum ... love it  (can someone take a ruler along to put beside them ... or am I pushing it :) )
Pictures of your bag seals wanted please - http://www.bagseals.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1952

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2013, 06:36:18 AM »
Hay! I'm being spoiled on this Forum ... love it  (can someone take a ruler along to put beside them ... or am I pushing it :) )

I'm sure we can sort that out  :)

Dave bring a ruler  ;D

Korky III

• Dig Attendee
  • Show me the Tanners!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »
A'll bring the pen lol. I've got a steel rule in my cabinet that a'll bring along in my bag and a bit of blue velvet material to help with the shots.

All my bag seals are pretty common ones so that's me out the equation.

If anyone else has a seal they thinks worth a picture of or you want an I'd a'll charge my SLR and bring it along to help Dave and Auld Grant out!

Teknetics T2
Fisher 1266 x Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer

Team T2

StuE

• The Bagseal Gallery
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 10:53:40 AM »
Wow 500 miles away and all this for me - the power, THE POWER!!! ... Thanks mates - the Gallery is hosted on a cloud site and so should never be lost and your seals (and names, user or real, it's your choice) will be immortalised and go on for ever ... or until I forget to pay the host fee (must remember to set up a direct debit!).
Pictures of your bag seals wanted please - http://www.bagseals.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1952

StuE

• The Bagseal Gallery
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
Thanks Grant - seals received and solidly wrapped! Might take a while before I get on to them as other members on here have been very good at sending photos.
That's £2:70 postage I owe you - have you got a PayPal account?

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
Thanks Grant - seals received and solidly wrapped! Might take a while before I get on to them as other members on here have been very good at sending photos.

Don't worry about mate, you do a lot for people with the bag seal gallery so its a pleasure.

Was thinking of starting a bag seal comp section where people post up a good pic of their seals as they find them and if you want to choose 'seal of the month' then DS will furnish the winner with a nice bottle of vino colapso!

Photos being entered on the understanding that they may be used for the gallery if required let me know what you think

StuE

• The Bagseal Gallery
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »

Don't worry about mate, you do a lot for people with the bag seal gallery so its a pleasure.

Was thinking of starting a bag seal comp section where people post up a good pic of their seals as they find them and if you want to choose 'seal of the month' then DS will furnish the winner with a nice bottle of vino colapso!

Photos being entered on the understanding that they may be used for the gallery if required let me know what you think

Well I don't need to think about that! Yes please! Clod shots are fine and interesting but can we make it that there must also be a cleaned up version of front and back, ideally with a mm ruler in the shot to give the scale? Plus I like to include the county it was found in to give an idea of distribution. I'll pay for the plonk. - if it proves popular we could have best bag seal and best cloth seal!!! Must dash - got 50 odd seals from your members to wade through.

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 09:54:21 PM »

Well I don't need to think about that! Yes please! Clod shots are fine and interesting but can we make it that there must also be a cleaned up version of front and back, ideally with a mm ruler in the shot to give the scale? Plus I like to include the county it was found in to give an idea of distribution. I'll pay for the plonk. - if it proves popular we could have best bag seal and best cloth seal!!! Must dash - got 50 odd seals from your members to wade through.

Sounds good to me buddy!

I'll build the new section within the next few days  ;D

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2013, 06:25:41 AM »
Stuart

Look here: http://www.detectingscotland.com/index.php?board=102.0

You should find you have admin rights in this thread, please feel free to put down your ideal requirements and rules buddy

swed49

• Dig Attendee
  • minelab e-trac
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »
borderreiver was the man for the seals..i must have sent him about a hundred 8) 8)

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »
borderreiver was the man for the seals..i must have sent him about a hundred 8) 8)

Have you looked on the bag seal gallery Eddy? :)