October 15, 2019, 08:27:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » Detectors Wanted » Good starting off detector

Author Topic: Good starting off detector  (Read 6053 times)

JoeCovenantLamb

• Dig Attendee
  • "There's treasure everywhere!" - Calvin
Re: Good starting off detector
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »
What do you think of the xterra 705?
I had one when they first came out superb machines, love silver ,can pick up coke tho,

Ooooo !
Now there y'go.
I didn't think the Minelabs picked up coke at all!
Ye live and learn!

MarcusA

• Dig Attendee
  • Where there's muck, there's brass..... lad!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 11:47:52 AM »
Joe,

I think the guy was talking about the Tesore Silver Umax, not a Minelab. I've never picked up coke with a Minelab.

Just bought a Fisher 1270 to see how it performs  - Coke magnet mate. Good job we have a coal fire lol and the fisher seems to like large iron crap..... not so funny! Still a great machine though. Off out with it this afternoon.
Minelab Etrac
Fisher 1270x
Tesoro Silver Umax
Garret Pro Pointer

Sweep

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »
Ok I'm still dithering on what to get. Do I go for. A minelab explorer 2. A minelab safari or I've just found a whites v3i spectra that's more expensive but looks good with colour screen. Help !!

kerr

• Dig Attendee
  • There can be only Wan
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 10:09:59 PM »
I know how you feel as I went through the same dilema a few months back when I upgraded...was swaying between whites MXT pro, Fisher F75 and the Minelab safari...went for the safari in the end and I am glad I did as I love the look of the minelabs.. :)...But there are so many good machines out there so it is a very hard choice .... :)
Minelab Safari
X-pointer wader Li

MagicMark

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
V3i is a very complicated machine and will take you at least a year to learn it. I have had a shot of one and in my opinion I don't think the quility is anywhere as good as Minelab.

Explorer 2 is a good machine but its an old model, they have changed the processor on the newer machines giving a slightly better recovery speed. If you fancy an Explorer look at the Explorer SE.

I'm sure you will see all these machines at next weekends dig so should help you decide.
TEAM MINELAB

CTX3030
Garrett Propointer

Sweep

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
Magicmark I have sent you a pm  :D