May 24, 2019, 04:55:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Archaeology run Events & Digs » Archaeology run Digs Sign up & info (Moderators: Lucky LIFE MEMBER, TashaTTU) » Pitreavie Battlefield Survey--R U Volunteering ?

Author Topic: Pitreavie Battlefield Survey--R U Volunteering ?  (Read 6757 times)

JoeCovenantLamb

• Dig Attendee
  • "There's treasure everywhere!" - Calvin
Re: Pitreavie Battlefield Survey--R U Volunteering ?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 02:22:46 AM »
How did it go guys??

Lucky LIFE MEMBER

• Exalted Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
Can I thank all ten members of Detectingscotland.com for yet again giving up their spare time for a really good cause. In at least one case taking part in the survey was at great personal expense.Fife County Archaeologist Douglas Speirs has requested I pass on his gratitude to all these volunteers. As DS forum moderator David Maxwell will be writing a report for the "up yer kilt" magazine I will not comment on the results of our survey.

However Douglas has informed me the large field next to where this weekends survey took place will be our next target. It is almost certain that artefacts associated with the actual battle will be recovered. So I will be asking for volunteers again possibly before the years out or early next year.

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE DS Heroes  -- ECK--SEEKER41--BAGOLEAD--ACEBALOC & Friend DANIEL--SASQUATCH--GARETHJ--DELBOY69--MAXWELL8TRE--

The above members, one an Honorary member of our forum,another donated both mugs and raffle prizes for our summer rally,one a history teacher who has fought and won battles for the metal detecting fraternity up here in Scotland in his own quiet way,one has offered employment to our members and is always in the front line when the DS forum is asking members to donate time, all have always a smile on their face on the look out to do a good deed.

These members are simply kind, generous, thoughtful people this forum is very lucky to have as members.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:47:11 PM by Lucky LIFE MEMBER »

maxwell8tre

• Deputy Admin
  • Exalted Poster
    • Diggin' Scotland's Past finds blog
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »
All shall be revealed in the next edition of UYK! Proud of the forum, another example of harmonious detecting with a true expert in his field present. Great day out!
GCC

CTX3030